Mouse Problems - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 06, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Mouse Problems

Besides getting ideas from old Tom and Jerry cartoons, I was wondering if anyone has some ideas on how to get rid of this pesky rodent that keeps getting underneath the hood of my car. I've set traps baited with peanut butter and so far the mouse has tripped a few of them without getting caught. It's been a week now with no luck. Any suggestions on what to do???

He's one smart mouse or just lucky!!!

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 06, 11:15 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

Re: Mouse Problems

If he's that tricky, use a glue trap. That will get him for sure.

Dave, 69 Coupe, 383, Q-jet, Thorley headers, 350 turbo, P.S., P.B. console gauges, Tilt wheel, Black with green pearl paint, Black and White Houndstooth interior.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 06, 11:28 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...ghlight=rodent

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 06, 11:28 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

Have same problem with tree rats (squirels). Can not fathom what is so tasty about silicone wire, but they eat my plug wires all the time.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 06, 11:54 AM

I know this is right for everyone, but my yard abuts a cornfield, here in Iindiana.
3 cats, and a ****zu, and no mice (living) anywhere in my house, or garage, i get a nice present on my doorstep almost daily

i don't know how to spell the breed of my dog, but apparently, it looks like a dirty word. lol
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 06, 12:44 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

We breed endangered NZ native parrots...So we have quite a bit of experiance in this problem.
mice/rats are always a potentual problem, espec in march as autumn arrives with lower temps. (NZ)
We use cages for most of the yr and also pioson blocks in autumn/winter. These we screw to large blocks of wood. Simply replace as the disappear...If they are not screwed down the rodents will take back to their nest and store. You end up with the rodents dead and all your blocks somewhere where they are useless.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 06, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks guys, I think I will try the glue traps since you can put them in a tight space rather than the spring traps. I am trying to be careful not to put the traps where it might do some damage to the wiring of the car, when they get triggered. I see alot of activity on my intake manifold around the fuel injectors, so there are wires, hoses, etc. If the traps don't work, I'll try to borrow my neighbors cats Tom and Felix. They are two tough cats and make an excellent tag team

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 06, 02:36 PM
Senior Tech
Jim

The mice are probably getting under your garage door. Set the traps by the inside side of the garage doors with peanut butter and some bird seed.
They like you engine because of the warmth and its off the floor.
Good luck

Schoon
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 06, 03:20 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Best bait we find is peanut butter (unsalted) and a little chocolate mix, and sun flower seed, rather than a bird seed mix.
Here are a couple links from our web site re rats/ mice control
http://www.kakariki.net/ftopict-237-mice.html
http://www.kakariki.net/ftopict-62-mice.html

Rat/mouse urine on a polished inlet manifold/tappet covers realy mess them up...It etches in in a manner that requires a little more than a superficial polish.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 10:05 AM
Senior Tech
Al

I've had good luck with Victor Quick Set mouse traps.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 10:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Denis

If you lived closer to Seattle, I'd lend you our cat Bert who would make short work of those rodents.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 12:51 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Something that I learned from the local schools. They set up sheets of a heavy duty fly paper around the bait,,, one step on it and they are stuck, more they wiggle and try to get out , more it sticks. You may come in one morning and find a crew of them stuck but still alive. Just take paper to trash ,,,no fuss no muss no mouse. Anything that hits the paper gets stuck. Kids have a blast watching this during class. Good way to keep class room quiet as they come in..

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 02:13 PM
Retired
Jim

5 gallon white pickle bucket with reeses peanut butter candy in the bottom, set it next to a cabinet or chair so they can crawl up to the top of the bucket and ploop they jump in for food and cant get back out, works in our deer camp just great

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 02:24 PM
Senior Tech
Doug

Send a message via Yahoo to thedugan

I also use glue boards and put them along the walls.

-Doug
68 RS/SS Conv
67 Coupe
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 02:55 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

LMAO
Quote:
works in our deer camp just great
Now thats got me curious??
So u have a bad day in the feild? No nice eye steaks.
What happens to the mice? or is a good size rat better lol
Sry could resist...Kiwi humour m8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode