Wot - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 06, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ken

Wot

I'm not getting WOT when I press the gas pedal. The pedal is going all the way to the floor; are there any adjustments to make here?

I notice that the rod connected to the gas pedal which goes through the firewall and attaches to the lever, there is a little slop (i.e. the bolt looks like it can be tightened) between the rod and the lever. I was able to tighten the nut a little bit before the bolt started to turn as well. I canít get a wrench on the bolt, itís to close to the firewall. This helped some; in it open the carb a little further, but not all the way.

Do I need to remove the support at the firewall (where the rod and lever connect) to get at this bolt, or is there a thin wrench I can buy?

I'm assuming at this point if I can tighten this bolt and adjust the length of the rod that connects to the carb from the lever, it will give me what I need. Does this sound reasonable, or is there something else I need to do? How hard is it to remove the support at the firewall and the rod and lever assembly?

THANKS in advance and sorry for sooooo many questions scattered in this post!

1969 SS/RS 350 Hugger Orange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 06, 06:29 AM
Senior Tech
Steven

Re: Wot

This sounds like you would loosen the nut, then adjust the length of the rod, then tighten the nut to anchor it at a particular length ... Post a picture if you can, if necessary... But, you are in the right position in terms of adjusting the throttle travel. Also, check to insure that you don't have bundled carpet or anything like that underneath the gas pedal that may also be limiting it's travel.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 06, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ken

Re: Wot

I don't have a picture to post, but you can see the setup in the 1969 camaro factory assembly manual (UPC 6 page 102 & 104 for the connection to the carb). The thing that confuses me a little is from the picture the rod that connects to the lever is slotted, which I assume allows it to sit in one position in relation the the rod. Like I mentioned my seems to have a little slop there, (i can see the lever move a little without the rod moving), thats why I'm thinking it needs to be tighten.

I was hoppping though, incase that doesn't work, that there might be some other adjustment someone can suggest, or if someone knows how I can tighten that nut and bolt (as it's so hard to get at).

I already pulled the carpet back to see if that helped, it did a little but not nearly enough.

1969 SS/RS 350 Hugger Orange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode