88 fuel line placement - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 06, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

88 fuel line placement

I have recently swapped the factory 2.8L MPI V6 from my 88' Camaro and set a 350 4 bolt main in her place. the Only problem i seem to have is the fuel lines can not be where they were originally due to the headers , it causes vapor locking. I am also running glass packed side pipes on her which cut out right before the front doors and run down the side to the rear wheels. If anyone has a suggestion on where they can be routed i would be most interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 06, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Re: 88 fuel line placement

I'm guessing i'll just have to figure it out on my own then ?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 06, 04:43 PM

Sorry. I would like to help you out but I only know my 69. Best bet would be to get it up on a lift and see where you could route the fuel line. Good luck!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Since you've removed the EFI, fuel lines, supply and return, probably ran down the inside of the driver frame/rail.

So now you've replaced with a carb'd engine, I suppose. I believe your best bet would be to start at the tank, and using the present tank sending unit with OE pump, leave the OE pump disconnected electricially, run an external electric pump, you already have electricity there, and run the fuel lines on the outside of the passenger frame/rail. When by the front pass wheel, an option is to place the line inside the rail, or on top of the rail outside of the fender apron, and exit by the fuel pump boss of the engine block. This will be a good location for a regulator.

If you decide to use the existing fuel pump with carb, you will need a bypass regulator and you can use the existing return line for returning fuel. this will eliminate vapor lock.

The idea of running the fuel line is safety. Keep away from spinning parts, heat, and any other forseen items with the propensity of explosion. Think about the route and plan carefully.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 06, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Ok i didn't give enough info on the setup. It now has a 350 w/carb and i'm running mechanical fuel pump , the factory had 3 lines fuel flow , return , and vapor canister. I have a single line ran for temp through the fender its self and down along the body kit (factory) It has a uni-body not full on frame. My main concern is running it from the pump which is on the passenger side to the tank which has all the heat shields and things on the drivers side. If i ran it across the block over to the driver side would that create an even bigger problem?? Sorry to be difficult but i've been on this for awhile.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 06, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

You could route a length of hard line tubing from the drvr's side to the mech pump via crossmember, under the engine.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 06, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

yeah that sounds like a plan thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode