how low can some people go!!!!!!!!! - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy how low can some people go!!!!!!!!!

I just finished rebuilding my top end of my hp 350 for my 1979 camaro.
parked it outside for a night with the alarm on it and some punk crushed my heart to the point if i ever want to rebuild again....they stole my edelbrock intake(just freshly bead blasted) and carb and msd distributer and lead's.....i just finished it(after many hour's painting and perfecting my motor)the went through my alarm and stole my dream!!!!!!!!!!!some people who are mechanic's have some nerve....i know they were mechanic's do to the fact at how they did it(hex key's for the intake and it was a clean job)they could of atleast left my gasket's since i have to start over..sorry just had to vent....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 03:45 PM
Team Member
Steve

Garage
Re: how low can some people go!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlinettaboyz
I just finished rebuilding my top end of my hp 350 for my 1979 camaro.
parked it outside for a night with the alarm on it and some punk crushed my heart to the point if i ever want to rebuild again....they stole my edelbrock intake(just freshly bead blasted) and carb and msd distributer and lead's.....i just finished it(after many hour's painting and perfecting my motor)the went through my alarm and stole my dream!!!!!!!!!!!some people who are mechanic's have some nerve....i know they were mechanic's do to the fact at how they did it(hex key's for the intake and it was a clean job)they could of atleast left my gasket's since i have to start over..sorry just had to vent....
that sucks! sounds like one of you neighbors to me tho... watched you finish and bam.

Steve
1968 that started life and a 6 banger with a PG. Now it's a 350 with a TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Speedtech LCA/UCA, ATS Tall Spindles, Hotchkis Springs, Forgeline ZX3P, C5 (Kore3) brakes with other cool stuff from Ron Davis, Vintage Air and soon to be Terminator EFI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 03:45 PM
Senior Tech

That sucks, I hate criminals...............

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

i think it was seeming there are alot of mechanic's in that area...no proof though.. The thing that sucks though is i just lost my job working at a wrecker do to shortage of work and was depressed so i decided to rip my baby apart to keep me busy! The biggest thing that suck's is it was'nt insured.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 04:03 PM
Senior Tech
Pat

Not to be a wise-A$$, but 100 bucks says its someone you know!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 05:00 PM
Senior Tech
mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlinettaboyz
i think it was seeming there are alot of mechanic's in that area...no proof though.. The thing that sucks though is i just lost my job working at a wrecker do to shortage of work and was depressed so i decided to rip my baby apart to keep me busy! The biggest thing that suck's is it was'nt insured.
Totally sucks, but that is life, please dont let this ruin your ambitions, get yourself re-employed and move on, just a bit wiser for the experience. Remember when one door closes another one opens, a good rule for your life.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 05:04 PM
Senior Tech
Bryan Hall

that same thing happend to my dads 68 except they stole alot more...everything except the block over 3 grand worht...all the top end even the cam. dart heads air gap manifold demon carb air cleaner dist, msd stuff everything but the block now he chains the hood down with a cable and lock.....stupid people ended up being some one he worked with who stole it when he went into work nights and they knew he was....insurance coverd it but still all the labor...that sux man

My car pics...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dallas car show pics plus some of the cars i am building at work

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 06:14 PM
Senior Tech
Dan

Ask neighbors if they saw/heard anything. Sorry, I agree with the others; bet it was someone you know. File a report with the police.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 06:28 PM

That is a heartbreaker and it does Suck big time, I think it had to be someone who knew you just put that together. I had stuff stolen from me thru the years and it kills ya!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

I know it was someone I know....but like I said no proof.I did file a report but they say it is'nt that important due to the fact it is only worth around 1500.00.....I beg to differ but there's nothing I can do about it but learn from it
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 08:02 PM
Senior Tech

Is the car insured? Comprehensive coverage covers theft and/or vandalism. I don't know anyone that's made a claim for stolen motor parts, but it may be worth a shot if you have the coverage...

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

0 coverage...wish i did so i could be one of the first lol
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 06, 10:33 PM
Senior Tech

Sorry to hear about your loss. I can tell you right now that it is someone you know or are acquainted with. They know your car and what it has. They also had the proper tools for the job. Did you show your car to someone recently who commented about your manifold? It had to be someone with alot of guts to do something like that. More than likely it's someone close with knowledge of your car.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!

Last edited by Camaro Dave; Apr 7th, 06 at 10:32 PM.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 06, 04:49 PM
Bill

bb, (wish you guys would include your names)
You may want to call your homeowners insurance. I know for a fact that if personal items are stolen from your car, that is who covers it. If the car was not insured, the parts might be covered under homeowners. It's worth a phone call anyway.

Bill Koustenis
Owner
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
1971 Chevelle "Heavy Chevy" original owner

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 06, 06:42 PM
Tech Team
Joe

Just wondering if anyone ever heard of a way to lock the hood release handle, so that they can't get the hood up or at least will be more likely to set off the alarm trying to open it. I live in the sticks so it's probably less likely to happen to me (knock on wood) but it may be something to try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode