Stick Shifter? - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 06, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Cool Stick Shifter?

I have a 67 which I recently replaced the powerglide with a TH-350. The handle inside the car on the console that I grab to take the car out of park and into gear....what is that acutall called? Anyway...this is "T" shaped with a black rectangle button in the middle of it that you depress. As I was taking the out of Park the "Black Button" just popped off revealing what appeared to be a rod that ran down the middle of the handle. I have checked with several different parts stores and they only have the black button for sale and it looks like I will need the entire assembly. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this item and can you PLEASE tell me what to properly call this thing!? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 06, 11:27 AM
Senior Tech

Re: Stick Shifter?

I call it the Shifter or T- handle/shifter. You should be able to pop the cover back on top of the shifter without buying a new one. If the cover is broken, then you will need to replace it. You can not buy the whole shifter since they are not reproducing them at this time. The only other thing would be to locate a good used one, if you need to replace the shifter.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 06, 01:29 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

The parts or whole shifter is available. I just did a Google search and found links to parts and a whole shifter. An example site...

http://www.shiftworks.com/camaro.htm

Kev

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 06, 10:15 PM
Senior Tech

I checked the link out.....it only shows a picture of the shifter with the parts that go to it. It doesn't say that the shifter is available unless I missed something.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 06, 03:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Dave...
I stand corrected. Geesh... well atleast I was correct on the parts

Kev
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 06, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thanks for the help guys...I contacted shiftworks and they did have the "acutator" I needed and they were quite friendly. I'm on the road again.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 06, 02:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Glad you were able to get the parts needed.

Kev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode