95 Camaro Fuel Problem - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 06, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

95 Camaro Fuel Problem

Hello, I'm new to the site and have a somewhat puzzling problem. I have a 95 camaro with a 3.4L that wont start. Now I know that it has spark because it fires on starting fluid, and I also know that the fuel pump is kicking on. There is fuel at the rails, because I removed the pressure release valve cap and pushed that down with a screwdriver and gas came out, sprayed a fuew inches or so in the air. Seemed to have descent pressure however this isn't a very accurate way to check. Any Ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated as the vehicle is a daily driver!!!

THanks!

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 06, 05:07 AM
Senior Tech
Steven

Re: 95 Camaro Fuel Problem

Just a thought here ... Not only do you have to have fuel in the rails, but the injectors must receive the signal to fire. Are you getting a security light? The VATS system is often a culprit in a no-run situation, but if you think you have fuel pressure, then you need to determine if fuel injector are pulsing ... Look in owners manual for any relays/fuses that are associated with the injectors ???
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 06, 06:23 AM
Senior Tech

Smile Re: 95 Camaro Fuel Problem

my wifes car did the same thing. turned out to be a ground in the computer causing the injectors not to pulse.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 06, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Re: 95 Camaro Fuel Problem

Another oddity..hooked an OBD II scanner up to it and it's not showing anything, not even turning the scanner on, any ideas there? Tried the scanner in the other car and it works fine, so I know the scanners fine. I also checked the two injector fuses in the box under the hood, both were fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode