water on passenger side floor? - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 06, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Cool water on passenger side floor?

hello folks.i have noticed then when im driving for awhile with my A/C on there is water dripping onto the passenger side floor and alittle on the drivers side.this doesnt happen when the heat is on so im thinking its not the heater box.the water is clean clear no smell so im trying to figure out if its a condisation hose thats loose.its driving me crazy because i get a nice size puddle that builds up on that side.can anybody help me out?i own a 2000 camaro v-6 3800.thanks
scotty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 06, 08:15 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Re: water on passenger side floor?

Yes, you have a condenstion drain that is not draining. The condensation is normal, but it should drain onto the ground not onto the passenger's feet.

Take a look at the passenger side firewall on the engine side. You will probably have to get under the car to see it. There should be a drain (usually a rubber hose or hose tip) low down that is probably clogged. Unclog as necessary. You will often have a gusher of water when you get it unclogged.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 06, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

thanks red gonna try that.figuring that what its got to be

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 06, 04:46 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

Cool Re: water on passenger side floor?

Depending upon local it could be clogged with algae. Common problem in Florida; they even have algaecides in tablet form that you put in you’re A/C for homes that should keep it out.

Larger Dave
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 06, 07:36 PM

I have the same problem with my 02 Z28
Two of us have searched the firewall on the passenger side and cannot find any such hose. There are three plugs in the firewall but no hose whatsoever. Where exactly should the hose be? Is it possible someone screwed up and it wasn't put on?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 06, 05:53 PM
Team Member
John

It's on the bottom of the A/C suitcase, not on the firewall; that's why you see water dripping on the ground when a car with A/C is sitting still with the A/C going. Every A/C car has a condensate drain.

JohnZ
CRG
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 06, 08:26 PM

Do you know which side of the suitcase it's on, and how the hell do I get to it? Hahah, that thing is really back there. It looks like I'd have to take the headers off to get the box out. There is no drain on the front or the sides that I can see. And there isn't one immediately accessible underneath the front of the box either. This little nuisance has turned into a big ordeal.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 06, 01:39 PM

Exclamation Re: water on passenger side floor?

First of all, having a lift is the most valuable asset in a quick fix for this problem but, since none of the general public (myself included) have access to one you can just use a floor jack. If you jack the front of the car up and look up directly in the rear passenger corner of the engine compartment between the exhaust and the subframe you will see a hole roughly 7/16" in diameter in a black plastic case. Unclogging this hole is the key to solving your problem. Do your best to remove any debris possible but this is generally difficult given the size of the hole. Best of luck to all you headscratching F-body owners like myself. I first discovered this issue while drifting sideways through an empty parking lot and being rewarded with a splash of cool water on my feet. Interesting way to finish a drift though.

2000 Camaro SS
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 06, 06:00 PM

I did jack up the car and looked around but didn't see the hole everyone says is there. I will look again this weekend.
I would love to have a lift as doing anything under the car is a real pain because the headers are ALWAYS in the way.
Thanks though. Will post on how it went.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode