69 wipers - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 06, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ken

69 wipers

the wipers won't park on my 69 camaro.When they are shut off they stop where ever.Any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 06, 03:22 PM
Kevin

Re: 69 wipers

Your wiper motor is not grounded properly. It is grounded via a brass ring around the upper most bushing screw plate.

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 06, 10:33 AM
Senior Tech
Russ

Re: 69 wipers

It does sound like a grounding problem to me too but did you have the motor removed recently to paint it?years ago I took mine off to repaint it and reinstalled to find out the motor kept running even in the off position. Although this may sound like b/s I had paint all over the electrical contacts all i did was scraped the paint off between the contacts then put it back together,presto it worked as new.Although this may have been a coincedence thats all i did to get it to work again.I hope I spelled that right.Anyway thought I would share my experence with you hope it helps good luck.
Russ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode