Loose drivers side window? - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 06, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Loose drivers side window?

Need some help on tighting up the window? I've got a 72 Z/28 and this loose window is driving me crazy. Any step by step procedures? How do you get the roll up handle off?

Duke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 06, 07:37 PM
Team Member

Re: Loose drivers side window?

The handle is held on with a wire clip on the shaft. There is a tool to remove the handle that you can usually find at the auto parts store, or you can use a coat hanger wire with the end bent into a small J hook to reach behind the handle and pull the clip off.
It seems that you need to pull the door panel off and investigate why the window is loose, may be a worn roller or loose bolt?

TTFN
Mat

SSCARGO
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 06, 07:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: Loose drivers side window?

highly recommend you pick up a fisher body service manual for your year, all that kinda stuff is in there, it will help you a lot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode