Washer Pump Won't Stop - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 06, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brent

Washer Pump Won't Stop

I installed a washer pump today and the install itself was easy. The problem is the pump will not stop shooting water!

I have taken in apart and can find nothing obviously wrong with it.

Does anyone know how these things work?

1968 RS/SS Lemans Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 06, 08:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: Washer Pump Won't Stop

There'sa spring loaded metal thing on the side of the pump, by thge large toothed wheel. The solenoid sucks it in to turn on the pump. I've seen them bind under the cover and stay sucked in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 06, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brent

Jim,

I tried to move the metal thing away from the toothed wheel and watch its position while it is in operation--I can't see how it works though and it still pumps water.

The wheel or the plunger must stop the pump somehow but it is not doing its job apparently...I'm stuck

1968 RS/SS Lemans Blue

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 06, 09:34 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Had the same problem....
Had the problem Jim mentions Then it was because the cog was worn.
I removed the cog and very carefully reshaped....
We have to fix a lot of stuff because parts stores are on the other side of the world.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 06, 06:29 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

put it together with the plastic cover off.

When you push the metal thing against the white wheel by hand, it should start pumping, then let go of the metal thing. It should pump for about a dozen squirts then stop.

What I had happen on mine was the plastic cover was causing the metal thing to bind and remain in contact with the wheel, keeping the pump on all the time.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode