Bad Vib's - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 06, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Bad Vib's

I have a '67 camaro that still shakes starting at about 60 mph. I have rebuilt the front end (all stock except for I cut a coil from the springs), I have new BFG's and new American Racing aluminum wheels, balanced the drive shaft...and I still have the same heavy vibration that I had at the start. I cannot feel the shake so much in the steering wheel, as I do in the seat (start the bad jokes here!!). Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look at next. All the items listed above were in bad shape and needed replaced/rebuilt, so I'm not just throwing parts and money at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 06, 05:31 PM
Senior Tech
Robert

Re: Bad Vib's

what engine/trans combo and what rear end. I had a bit of a driveline vibration that was solved by a friend properly setting up the rear end. I think the folks here can point you in the right direction provided they have enough information. I cannot offer specific info on what he did but after he worked on the car the vibrations were gone.

We do not possess imagination enough to sense what we are missing.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 06, 05:19 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

Here's a nice .pdf document on chasing down vibration gremlins in a first gen Camaro: http://csgbenefits.org/camarovibration.pdf

Also, below is from another post -
Cyclic vibrations are usually due to an angle issue with the drivetrain. Randy's Ring and Pinion has some usefull info on vibrations.
http://ring-pinion.com/content/techn...lt.asp?pid=114

Good article on driveshaft angles.
http://superchevy.com/technical/engi...203sc_driving/

Basically, angle A should equal angle B, both vertically and horizontally.

-

Dave F. in Rhode Island
'68 Camaro SS Accel DFI 454 (SOLD - I'm a boring Corvette owner now)
Bought my first big-block Chevy in 1970

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 06, 05:36 AM
Senior Tech

JUst for grins try rotateing the shaft 180 degrees at the rear yolk. It did help mine, however changing the body bushings finished it. I had a light vibe around 70 . I installed O.E. style body bushings and walha!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 06, 06:45 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bill

Check your rear axles also, one of them could be bent.

ucdog aka Bill
1969 Camaro Z28 "recreation",350 sb,tko 600, 12 bolt/410, 4 wheel Wilwood disc brakes, and 17" Tourqe Thrust rims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode