Re: throttle getting stuck
Check with engine off, and have someone looking/feeling linkage assembly while going to WOT position.
Something is binding or snagging. Some possibilities:
* as stated, broken motor mount allowing engine to lift,
* pedal catching carpet,
* swivel joint on firewall binding,
* swivel arm is snagging on a wire or oil pressure sending line,
* linkage hitting air cleaner,
* as stated, bushings on throttle rod,
* as stated, bent throttle rod,
* wrong clips for throttle rod,
* carb plates maybe sticking,
* weak return spring.
Actually, you shouldn't even need a return spring. I mean, I always use one, but even without a return spring, the carb should close itself easily. Every carb has built-in springs.
Dave F. in Rhode Island
'68 Camaro SS Accel DFI 454 (SOLD - I'm a boring Corvette owner now)
Bought my first big-block Chevy in 1970