1999 Ls1 Revlimiter problem - Team Camaro Tech
Troubleshooting Diagnosing problems done here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 06, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

1999 Ls1 Revlimiter problem

Hello , I have a 1999 Camaro SS Slp LS1 ,6speed, and My revlimiter is not working properly please help. I found out that the factory settings are 6190rpm 1st through 6th ons and 6189rpm 1st through 6th offs which is basically a 6200rpm revlimiter. My problem is that 1st and second gear keep cutting out at 5800rpm then third pulls to 6200 to 6300rpm and so on . This is with a Slp diablosport tune set at a revlimiter of 6490rpm on the ons and 6489rpm on the offs 1st through 6th. Basically a 6500rpm shiftpoint. It is doing the same thing with the factory tune also! I was told that there is a crank pully sensor that controls the revs. Is there a way to diagnose this problem and repair it . It's driving me crazy. Please help me , any other suggestions Thanks, Jamie P.S. I also have a SLP crank pully/balancer on the engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 06, 10:43 PM
Tech Team

Re: 1999 Ls1 Revlimiter problem

if you are having to much of a problem with it just get yourself a power programer i would go with a hypertech unit and a chip then you can change it to anything you want hope this helps if not well good luck with your problem.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 06, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

I have a diablosport SLP tuner and It is not adjusting the revlimiter in 1st and 2nd it keeps hitting at 5800rpm and even with the stock tune also which is set at 6200rpm at the factory. I checked the tach and it seems accurate it never did this before. I had a problem with my first Slp tuner they sent me a new one and I even had a new ecm and reflash put in the car and its still doing it with the stock tune and the programmer adjusting it to 6500rpm ????

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 06, 07:48 PM
Tech Team
Andy

You need to find someone with the LS1 Edit program. It is used with a laptop computer as reads realtime data. I've heard that sometimes you have to disable something about the crank sensor and reprogram it to "re-learn" the computer modifications. To LS1tech.com for more in depth opinions.

Drive it like a stolen rental!!!