Team Camaro Tech banner

x77 is it real??

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  GIBTHEKID 
#1 ·
#7 ·
X2 as what are your plans for the car? Orig motor and trans gone along with all the other costly valued parts (dist, alt,carb etc) create a huge hit for value. And depending on plans better consider future layout of funds and what might be your end value.

#5 ·
Yes...This car is real. This is a documented Canadian Z/28. Was originally sold by Carter Chevrolet in Hamilton, Ontario and George Zapora has documented the car...Although used as a race car, it retains the original rear framerails and the original uncut 12 bolt rear end...Pretty cool car.

#9 · (Edited)
All '69 Z/28 folks are NOT into correct numbers restored "belly button" cars....besides, I have a 30 year hoard of '69 Z/28 parts that I can access if I suffer a mental breakdown and decide to restore this car...

I love Day 2, "Street Machine", road race and old school drag race Z/28s, SS cars built and raced in the '70s and '80s...because that is how I remember them as a kid.

Restored cars are all the same...ZERO creativity, skill, or ingenuity involved...unlike the "race" versions from back in the day that were built with good ol' blood, sweat, tears and "Yankee ingenuity".
Don't get me wrong...I still appreciate "original" cars...They are cool as time capsules...

This Z/28 will always be valuable as it is a Canadian car with docs...but, to me...its value lies in its racing heritage and back story...of which I am unaware. This Z/28 was somebody's pride and joy...and it shows.
The car was purchased at Carter Chevrolet in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and somehow made it to Alberta, where I bought it.

My plan for the car?...Just cruise it around...race it...on the street, at the track...just as it was meant to be used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.