Team Camaro Tech banner

Well, I feel better about now about my first 69 Camaro!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Z282NV 
#1 ·
Bought my first 69 Camaro around 1979, it needed a lot of help. Being young and stupid, I promptly cracked the block (combination of too little antifreeze and a unseasonable cold snap in Virginia).

I always thought I cracked an original 327 block (those were the emblems on the side) and that always made me sad. I think it was an X-44 or X-11 Orange car, not an SS. Had a 10 bolt mono springs, drum brakes, flat hood with one of those fiberglass cowls glued to it.

In looking at old docs for the LA car post just now, I see the VIN was 124379N605364, which was a Feb 69 build. So now I know I cracked a 307 block, not a 327 and feel better :D Sold in early 80's to someone in Hopewell NJ, google search came up empty :( probably scrapped long ago.

Just thought I would share a Sunday morning story.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep, love the old pics. Back in 78' my girlfriends older sister had a white 69 with a 307. She was a terrible driver. It was dented and banged up from one end to the other. It was sad to walk by it everyday and see more damage. LOL That girl was so beautiful, she could get away with anything. Even destroying a 69. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.