Team Camaro Tech banner

My new wheels

4K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Orange68SS 
#1 ·
Got tired of the ralleys. Vintage 40s 17x8 w/235/45s & 17x9.5 w/275/40s
3" drop coils & leafs.

See less See more
#5 ·
Haven't done a speed bump yet, but I have long tube headers that are really low.Just have to go slow or at an angle on driveways.
I have Koni Classics on the first setting and it's pretty stiff.
Bill yours is nice as well I like the color!

#6 ·
Haven't done a speed bump yet, but I have long tube headers that are really low.Just have to go or at an angle on driveways.
I have Koni Classics on the first setting and it's pretty stiff.
I have a 2 inch drop in the front and 1 1/2 inch in the back of my 68 and my long tube headers (3 1/2 inch collectors) only have a couple of inches clearance. I have to be really careful pulling in driveways, new style driveways are ok, but those old style driveways with the steep ramps are a nightmare for me and forget speed bumps, lol.

#17 ·
Mark, I hope you are packed away for the winter like I am! I wanted to swap my wheels as one of my winter projects and these look awesome. If you ordered the same ones as these I would love to swing by and see them after you get them to check out how they look on the car in person if you don't mind. That would be waaaaaay better than any picture on the web!

Just got my new gears delivered the other day, as soon as we get a bit of rain to wash away all the salt from these past 2 snows I'm going to get her out to Pat at Dial in merrick to get them put in. I got 3.55's to go with the 700r4 (thanks Freddie - biggearhead).

#20 ·
Boy, I don't envy you guys. Now I will stop complaining when it rains
here.
Mark just be careful with the 275s it's a close fit to the lips on the quarter panel I may be rolling the lips in just in case.

#30 ·
V40's was a style more popular with the 1967-8's but I love them on my '69 and they look great on the '70Z as well.
Curved-spoke V45's are classic as well,it's just whatever floats your boat...:yes:

#31 ·
When its time to get new wheels for my car I will have to make the decision too between the V40 or V45's. The only thing I can't get over though it the size of that center cap. Its just so big and looks funny to me. Its such nice wheel, why have a center cap like that. It needs to been like half the size. I don't mind the flat cap they offer but would prefer the bullet cap if they were just made alot smaller! Looks like a pair of nipple tassles on there!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.