Team Camaro Tech banner

68 Camaro close to done

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  zschary 
#1 ·
wanted to post some shots of the car as its come along over the last few years..
Have gotten so much good info here... thank you
:hurray:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
here are some shots of the engine going in.. the color is glen green .. from a 60's vette... Lanzini body works did the amazing body work..

Its a 580 horse l92 carbed engine with a tremec magnum 6 speed... 6 Piston brakes from Wilwood front and back..

Attachments

#7 ·
Do you have a level, straight on side shot? Working on my 67 and looking to see a comparison. I've got a Ridetech/Prodigy rear and I can get it about as low as yours but any more and I have clearance issues with the diff cover and cross bar. I've already had to set the pinion angle at something I'm not totally comfortable with to get the yoke enough room in the tunnel. I'd like to compare notes. Shoot me a PM if ya like.

Also like to hear what you are running up front.

#8 ·
I will get you some shots as soon as I get the car back down.. have it in the air dealing with a new trans crossmember.. which is an ATS ... Thing is quite a piece, really well engineered and will give much better ground clearance... I hear really good things about the rear your running too.. Front is detroit speed lower arms, ats spindles, adjustable upper a arms and a custom fabbed upper mount for the coilover shocks.. 6 piston wilwoods with a fabbed bracket to bring it in closer to clearance the wheels.. need pics of that too..

#16 ·
yea .. one of my hero's was of course Smokey Yunick and his 68... we are going old school with high end under the skin mechanicals.. like he prob would have done if he were still with us.. Interior will be sparse and race looking.. Its a tall order to fill these days.. the brakes alone were a nightmare... Newer larger brakes prefer wheels that are newer style (bolting closer to the edge of the car), and much higher backspacing. older wheels were inset .. It took months to get that right.. There are companies selling brakes for those late model spindles now that only accept a newer wheel.. which kills a project like this one.. Thanks for noticing.. I will post more pics in a week or so.. Getting close man...Freaking Finally !!!!! :beers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.