Baer Brake Rear Rotor help - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 07, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Baer Brake Rear Rotor help

1. The kit comes with a dished backing plate. The instructions just say to mount it but don't mention which side should face out and the part does not identify either.

2. The rear rotors have 9/16 holes and my stock axles have 7/16 studs.
That's a 1/4" difference and doesn't seem right.

3. does anyone have pictures with position of the rear caliper mounted? Other than mounting it upside down I keep getting interference with either the shock or the leaf springs.

I know lots a folks installed this kit so I hope they will chime in.

Thanks again.

Rich

AFR Heads W/ Jesel valve train

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 RS / SS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Rich-Allen; Apr 8th, 07 at 04:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 07, 09:02 AM
Senior Tech
Al

Re: Baer Brake Rear Rotor help

Rich -

I just swapped 93-97 z/28 rears onto my 69, which are essentially the same as the Baers, but with different brackets. Are both of your calipers hitting? Make sure they didn't send you a set for staggered shocks. If you have 2 identical calipers, then it's most likely a staggered shock setup. You should have a R and a L caliper - mirror images. Remember the bleeder goes up. Sounds like a call to Baer is in order.

On the rotors - I posted the exact same question and got a grand total of ZERO responses. https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103404

So I looked at rotors from other manufacturers, and they were all the same. The wierd thing is that if you put the rotor over the axle, even though it fits, you'll notice that your wheel studs aren't even centered in the oversize holes. The only thing I can figure is that the same rotor fits another application(s) with a different bolt circle, and they did it this way to cut costs. I don't think it's going to cause a problem/

Sorry, but can't help on the backing plate issue.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 07, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks for the reply, I'm calling Baer now

Rich

67 RS / SS

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 07, 11:27 AM
Senior Tech

the holes are metric. which makes sense, because they are just OEM spec replacement parts for a late model car that has metric studs.

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 07, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Stopped by Matt's Classic Bowties to see if they could help me figure out the problem with my brakes and it seems that Baer boxed up the wrong brake kit.
The part number on the box was correct but had different year brakes inside.
Kim called Baer and had them send new brakes immediatley.

You can't beat the service Matt and Kim provide.

Rich

67 RS / SS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode