Need Disc Brake help? - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 07, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Question Need Disc Brake help?

I just installed a CCP 4 wheels power disc brake kit on my 1969 camaro. The install was very easy. The master cylinder and all of the brakes bleed fine. When bleding the brakes the pedal had a consistant pressure all the way to the floor and no air bubbles where coming out of any of the calipers. When I start the car the pedal is very soft, almost no pressure all the way to the floor? What could be causing the pedal to have no resistance when the car is running? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 07, 06:14 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Re: Need Disc Brake help?

Is the rod in the correct hole on the pedal.

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 07, 06:15 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

you still have air, keep bleeding.

when all the air is gone, hulk hogan couldn't get that pedal to the floor, running or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 07, 06:20 PM
Senior Tech
Blaine

it was easy because your not done yet. now the hard part is to make them work. "Just kidding with you" Did you bench bleed the master. If you didn't your going to have some troule getting it. I bled mine without the car running seem to get a better feel for whats going on. sometimes you have to bleed a lot of brake fluid thru there because sometimes there is air trapped way up front and it takes a lot to get it out. tap on the master and the calipers as you bleed just incase there is some of those " champagne" bubbles in there.

Don't forget to post your results
it's good for the thread
My 67 RS/SS/396

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 07, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I did bench bleed the master cylinder. The rod is in the correct hole on the pedal. I did pressure bleed the brakes until no more air/bubbles were coming out, then I manually bled each caliper to confirm that no air was coming out. The pedal had firm pressure the entire time I was manually bleeding them, but as soon as I started the car the pedal has no pressure and went all the way to the floor? If there is still air in the system and if I bleed each caliper and no air is coming out, then how will I know when all of the air is out? How should I proceed? Thanks

Last edited by Black Z; Apr 16th, 07 at 08:10 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 07, 11:55 PM
Senior Tech
Blaine

just keep bleeding. start on the wheel furthest away right rear, left rear, right front, left front. you may not see any air for a bit then all of a sudden some may come out. if your pedal goes all the way down you must have air in there somewhere? unless you have a leak?? if you let your master get too low and suck air you must start all over. keep an eye on that. i would push about a full master thru each caliper then check it. don't let it suck air back into the caliper either. speed bleeders are a good investment.don't give up. I pushed on my pedal so much one leg is bigger now! LOL

Don't forget to post your results
it's good for the thread
My 67 RS/SS/396

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 07, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I do not have any leaks, I will try to bleed them again tomorrow. Thanks
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 07, 05:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Even though there new caliper's you might have one hanging up (a piston),I did and had no pedal press. replaced the bad one and walla pedal press.not saying its your prob. just a though...Happy Motoring

1972 Nova SS , 350, Auto, AC, Survivor

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 07, 09:50 AM
Senior Tech

Rear calipers which are parking brake integral must be manually adjusted when installed or there will be excessive lining clearance, causing a low pedal. If you have this type of rear calipers, make sure you have them adjusted.

If I didn't learn it from my my mentors, I learned it as a result.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode