Parking Brake Intermediate cable - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 07, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Brad

Parking Brake Intermediate cable

I am in the process of hooking up my parking brake on my '67 camaro. The car came stock with a small block, but now has a 396 in it. All I'm missing is the intermediate cable. The front cable and 2 rear cables are in place. I've noticed on other blogs that there are 2 different cable length options. Does anybody know which one I need to order? Classic industries only offers one option from what I can tell (79" I believe). Any insight would be helpful.

Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 07, 04:49 PM
Senior Tech
Blaine

Re: Parking Brake Intermediate cable

I didn't kow there were two different ones I just ordered one and it fit perfectly I have the 396 also.

Don't forget to post your results
it's good for the thread
My 67 RS/SS/396

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 07, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

If the one you get is too long, you can shorten the length by using a length of steel tubing behind the adjusting nut of the front cable and the intermediate clip to make-up the longer length.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 07, 10:31 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Denis

Here is a Chevy service bulletin explaining how to retrofit a 1967 radius rod: 67-T-30. The 3rd page, step 14, reads:

Quote:
14. Rear parking brake cables - install new longer rear parking brake cables and a new shorter intermediate parking brake cable. The reason for the new cables is to position the rear and intermediate cable attaching clip ahead of the added body bracket.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 07, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Brad

I called Classic Industries and ordered my new cable. The part # that I pulled off of the website ended up being for a '68 or '69, but was described as 67-69 in the description. The catalog showed the cable being 79" long, but the part that I ended up ordering (67 year only) is 82" long based on what the sales rep told me. I've seen other post on here regarding the intermediate cable being too short, maybe this is because they ordered the 79" cable which would leave it about 3" too short. The part number that I was given is 3892743 (82"). If it ends up being too long, I'll take Everett#2390's advise and add a piece of steel tubing between the adjuster nut and the the cable guide to make up the difference. I have a feeling it will fit though. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the help guys...

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode