Ce-2101 - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 07, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Ce-2101

So I took off the Lakewood traction bar and removed the 4 degree wedge that kept the snubber off of the spring. Without it, the snubber was hard against the spring in a pre load condition.

The CE-2101 traction bar with the J-bolts went on with new spring pads that are urethane. The fact that the pads seem thicker and the 2101 bar is longer, I figured I wouldn't need the 4 degree wedge to keep the snubber from hard contact with the spring eye.

I was wrong.

The snubber was hard against the spring when I brought it down off the jack. So I removed the 2101 bar and I put the 4 degree wedge back in, WITH the new urethane spring pads and torqued everything back down and its still on the spring but not as compressed.

So I guess I'm going to put another wedge in, maybe an additional 2 degree wedge. That would be 6 degrees total. I just don't want preload.

So am I doing something wrong?
Doesn't it seem like a longer bar and newer thicker urethane pads would make the snubber less likely to rest against the spring? The Lakewood bar's snubber is a half inch off the spring and that was with an old collapsed rubber spring pad and a shorter bar.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 07, 07:11 PM
Banned

Re: Ce-2101

I think we are supposed to take a hacksaw to the snubbers to correct them for clearance if needed.

Right guys..

My homemade slapper's use 1/2" bolts that I can hand adjust..

pdq67

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 07, 07:12 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

I run a 4* wedge and urethane pads with my CE's and the snubber barely touches the spring. I need to grind some off the stops or add another wedge as well.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1/[email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 07, 07:13 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq67 View Post
I think we are supposed to take a hacksaw to the snubbers to correct them for clearance if needed.

Right guys..

My homemade slapper's use 1/2" bolts that I can hand adjust..

pdq67
correct
That is part of the adjustment allot of people forget about.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 07, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

My rubber snubbers aren't adjustable. Does he use just bolts? No rubber snubber? Wouldn't that make for a BANG at launch?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 07, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyD67 View Post
I run a 4* wedge and urethane pads with my CE's and the snubber barely touches the spring. I need to grind some off the stops or add another wedge as well.
Will you be adding another 2* for a total of 6*?

Will that little button that goes through the hole in your wedges far enough to keep those two wedges in place?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 07, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Anyone think its a bad idea to use two wedges to combine for a desired degree of angle?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 07, 09:46 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

Usually a combination of trimming the snubber and a small wedge should take care of it. I am concerned that adding more wedge will permit the axle to "windup" enough to have a severe effect on the pinion angle.

Daddy's Hot Rod.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 07, 04:56 PM
Banned

Yes, just 1/2" bolts and yes, they are noisy when they slap!!

But sure easy to adjust!!

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode