What is this called? - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 1st, 07, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

What is this called?

I have the entire front suspension off the 69 for rebuild and had everything powdercoated. On the spindles,behind the rotor there's a circular felt-like gasket(?) or seal(?). What's that called and where can I get new ones? I've been messing with these cars since God was a boy and I don't ever recall seeing these things before.

69 X77 Z/28
1980 Harley Tour Glide
67 Buick Special Sedan
66 Buick Special Conv.(Buicks are Paula's)
79 Trans Am rescue project,36000 original miles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 1st, 07, 06:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Re: What is this called?

Peter, I know what you mean and it's driving me nuts that I don't know the answer for you right away. I think you may be talking about the bearing seal. Try this link. It's all brake parts for first gen's. I deal with them here locally. They are excellent.

http://www.drclassic.com/images/catalogs/1/Brake.pdf

Wait, I just saw something called a backing plate gasket on that link. It's round & looks like felt. Is that what you need. Check it out it's on page three at the top right corner.

1) 1969 Camaro RS 396 TH 400, 12 bolt 3:73 sold 1994
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2) 1984 Z28, 5.0 H.O. T-Tops, G92 3:73, sold 1994
3) 1988 5.7L IROC-Z, sold 1994
4) 1969 Camaro bought 2006, back on the road in 2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by South Side Goons & Hitmen; May 1st, 07 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Wait,
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 1st, 07, 06:50 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Don't know what it's called, but it goes between the spindle and the backing plate. Dust seal gasket thing.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 07, 09:36 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

There is (was) a paper/cardboard washer betwen the spindle and backing plate from the factory. It can be discarded or if you are particular, you can make one out of bulk gasket material. It's only purpose was to prevent a squeak between the two. Never heard one squeak without it though.

Daddy's Hot Rod.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode