hurst roll control - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 07, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
RJ

hurst roll control

Hi guys, need help installing Hurst roll control. The directions show 3 types of dual master cylinders routing. I don't see any of them EXACTLY like mine. I have 69 coupe small block with power front discs. The front line on the master cylinder goes to what I think is called a metering block, then right back out to the end of the other block that has the differential switch wire in it. The rear line runs from the master cylinder to the other end of the differential block. From this block, the lines go to the rear brakes, the right front brake and the left front brake, WHEW. what type do I have, #1, #2, or #3. And does anyone have a picture of this install that will help me before I disconnect lines. I know you guys know the answer. Please be specific. thanks so much
rj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 07, 04:42 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

Re: hurst roll control

put it in the rear line coming out of the master (the larger of the 2 resivoirs)
Any place before the lines split will work, all it does is maintain pressure when you're on the switch and have stepped on the brake. Other than that, it just rides along doing nothing, and has no effect on braking.

Sometimes it's better to let someone think your an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 07, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
RJ

If I put it in the rear line, then it will lock up all four wheels won't it?
rj

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 07, 05:43 PM
Senior Tech
John

With your setup, I would do it this way.

1) Disconnect the lines going to the two front wheels from the distribution block (the rectangular block underneath the master). These will be the right front line, and the very front line.

2) Put a plug in the right front outlet port.

3) Plumb a line from the very front port to the line lock inlet.

4) At the line lock outlet, install a Tee fitting.

5) Connect the right and left wheel lines to either end of the tee.

John
'67 SS/RS (RR)
'68 RS conv. (J2)
'68 Z/28 (VV)
'68 Drag Car(ZZ) 11.30 @ 118
'73 Corvette Drag Car 12.64 @ 106

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 4th, 07, 01:19 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJBaileyrn View Post
If I put it in the rear line, then it will lock up all four wheels won't it?
rj

No, not at all.

Nov 68 Van Nuys. 327 floor-shift-auto, Frost Green and not much else when new.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode