Wilwood 140-2285 - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 07, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Wilwood 140-2285

I would like to replace my front drum brakes with this kit from Wilwood. I currently have ralley wheels and wnated to know what the minimum wheel size that would fit over the rotors. I read the addembly instructions and measured my wheels, its VERY close. The instructions indicate 12.92" and I have a bit more than 13" but the wheel steps in toward the mounting surface. Also, forgive my ignorance, how do you measure the wheel to determine its size (diameter and width?).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 07, 11:12 PM
Tech Team
Harris

Re: Wilwood 140-2285

That's the same kit that I'm probably going to purchase for my Monte. They say that they'll fit inside most OE and aftermarket 15 inch wheels. I hope they'll fit but I haven't even done any measuring yet.

1972 Chevy Monte Carlo
414 BBC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 07, 04:24 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: Wilwood 140-2285

If you download Wilwood's assembly instructions, there is a drawing and dimensions of a template you can make out of cardboard. Then set it in the wheel and see if it hit's anything.

If I'm feeling really ambitious over the weekend, I might consider dragging one of my rallye's out of the basement and giving her a go, we'll see.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode