Breake bleeding help needed - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 08, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
John

Breake bleeding help needed

Let me tell you what I have first off, its non power master cylinder, c5 corvette calipers in front, c4 calipers in back, lines and proportioning/distribution block are from "The right stuff" outa Ohio.

Problem: Im trying to bleed the brakes and im not getting anything.Pumping the brakes doesnt do anything. I got a craftsman vacumn pump and all I can get is a little dribble out of the fronts, nuthing out of the rear, and thats with 5 to 10 inches of vacum. I bench bleeded the master it seemed to be working ok. I even disconected the brake line in back to see if i could get it to gravity feed and 3 hours later nuthing. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 08, 01:43 PM
Senior Tech
TC

Re: Breake bleeding help needed

Are you doing this with the cap off? Try and do it with someone puching the pedal to check or go to a feed store and get a large suringe and fill it and back bleed it from the bleed hole under pressure. This is acually the best way since it pushes the air upwards to the resivoir where you want it to come out.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 08, 01:47 PM
Team Member
Steve

Garage

I thought I was going CRAZY when I tried to bleed mine after changing all the rear lines.
Make sure the master is fully bench bled. Long slow stokes. No bubbles. I always do lots of extras just to make sure.

Make sure the lid is off the MC. Start with gravity, then pressure bleed from the farthest to the closest away from the MC.

I've heard one problem with the vaccum bleeders is they'll suck air around the bleed screws.

Steve
1968 that started life and a 6 banger with a PG. Now it's a 350 with a TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Speedtech LCA/UCA, ATS Tall Spindles, Hotchkis Springs, Forgeline ZX3P, C5 (Kore3) brakes with other cool stuff from Ron Davis, Vintage Air and soon to be Terminator EFI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 08, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
John

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I think I found my problem, I took the rear line off the proportioning/distribution valve and tried pumping it, got nuthing, so I hooked up the vacumn pump to that and started getting fluid, so I think that valve needed bench bled also. Has anyone else had this problem?

While it was unhooked I hooked a hose to the line then put it in a full bottle of brake fluid and used the vacumn pump at the caliper to prime the entire rear brake line

Now that im getting fluid to the rear brakes i discovered a leak at the rear caliper, looks like the copper washer got gouged by a little peice of flashing on the caliper. yay if it aint one thing its another.

John
BTW: sorry about the poor spelling on the thread title, i was pulling my hair out at the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode