What a Difference! - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 08, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

What a Difference!

Hi all ,well I got her rolling was at the alignment shop Friday and he got 5 and 5 1/2 Deg Pos Caster and he told me almost 1/2 deg neg camber ,with toe of 3/32 ,I did the Hotchkis TVS kit including the Bilstein shocks with Speed Tech upper's, and what a diff ,since I started this 26 months ago I had always wondered how it would feel, I stayed with the stock manual box, when I got back from the shop and a cruse ,the smile on my face according to my girl friend was from ear to ear ,and I think as I write this I can still feel the tug on my face ,to any one that’s wants to upgrade there handling I would highly suggest doing the mods suggest the information provided by David Pozzi in his site ..THANK YOU DAVID.
With the new motor and TKO 600 suspension mods ,power disc brake's, I am glad I kept the car did it all, going on 32 years ownership she's back and the fire is kindled again…Too All Happy Motoring I get in so much of a hurry cause I have 1/2 hr. for lunch my spelling sorry I ment "What A Difference"

1972 Nova SS , 350, Auto, AC, Survivor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 68Lemans blue; Jun 15th, 08 at 01:24 PM. Reason: My spelling or fat fingers :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 08, 11:35 AM
David Pozzi

Re: What a Different's

Jerome,
Thanks for the update and kudos!
Glad you are on the road!

If that steering wheel get's too hard to turn, update to a good fast ratio PS box with firm feel. PS is a must for us autocrossers.

How does the car feel over bumps? Are you happy with the ride stiffness?
I think the Bilsteins make the otherwise very stiff springs bearable.
David

Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:

67 RS 327 original owner. 1965 Lola T-70
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 08, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpozzi View Post
Jerome,
Thanks for the update and kudos!
Glad you are on the road!

If that steering wheel get's too hard to turn, update to a good fast ratio PS box with firm feel. PS is a must for us autocrossers.

How does the car feel over bumps? Are you happy with the ride stiffness?
I think the Bilsteins make the otherwise very stiff springs bearable.
David

Hi David ,thanks for the suggestion on FR PS box ,I will keep in mind ,for now I am ok, I just want to drive her its been a long time ,she is a little hard to maneuver under a couple MPH but oh well ,ok for now,and the ride is stiff but I like it ,the Bilstein shocks I am sure help and as you say matched components should be used to make things work the way designed ,I hope I can still say that down the road a ways .
David my brake's turned out great what a diff from manual ,about pinion angle ,I was worried about viberation but none,I was going to get my pals inclinometer to measure angle,but I hooked up my drive line and just though if I had a prob I would make the 20 mile trip to visit and grab it ,and go from there. So I don't know what the angle is, but its smooth at 20 all the way up to 60 ,as fast as I was able to get up to friday.
Again thank's and always Happy Motoring and Autocrossing

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 08, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Hi All ,well I though my Break's turned out great ,but I guess things will happen ,My M/C is leaking from between the M/C and booster ,I called Jason at Right Stuff ,and he said he will sent me another M/C.
My question is will the fluid ruin the Booster inside (diaphragm ),I am going to call Jason again this morn ,but wanted some other opnion's ,I only want to do this ounce again and then drive it ...Thanks and I hope Happy Motoring soon (Between the Weather, Working O/T and THIS it's getting old

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 08, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Well I just talked to Bill at Right Stuff ,and I have the concern of fluid in the Booster and he said it should not get into and affect it ,(not that I dought him just a 2nd opnion would be nice ) David , Everett , Anybody ... ,so I hope that ends that concern and its just changing out the M/C and I am on the road …Happy Motoring soon

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 08, 11:30 AM
Banned
Ron

I'm just wondering if you're always happy while you're motoring in your motor car?.....I am not always happy while I'm motoring especially if someone gets in my way!.....Then I'd be mad motoring!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 08, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
I'm just wondering if you're always happy while you're motoring in your motor car?.....I am not always happy while I'm motoring especially if someone gets in my way!.....Then I'd be mad motoring!
Even in the worse of Traffic (And it's bad here in the Puget sound area) I am Happy Motoring ,cause the Good Lord woke me up another Day Hope the same for you

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 08, 04:42 PM
David Pozzi

Jerome,
If your booster is a stock type, it's very very difficult for fluid to enter it. The master cyl has a drain hole and the fluid should run down the front of the booster when the MC fails. In the booster is a rubber cup that seals around the pushrod, so that would have to fail in addition to the master cyl for fluid to enter. I wouldn't worry.
David

Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:

67 RS 327 original owner. 1965 Lola T-70
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 08, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Hi David ,Thank you ,I hope I get the M/C by friday and I could do sat morn ,and be Happy Motoring ,Thanks for answering and the best to you and your's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode