Hotchkis sub frame connectors for my 67 coupe - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 09, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Johnny

Hotchkis sub frame connectors for my 67 coupe

I'm thinking of getting the Hotchkis sub frame connectors for my 67 coupe. I need to replace all my 42 year old body mounts also. Hotchkis says that it includes urethane front body mounts what else will I need for mounts?

http://www.hotchkis.net/6769_camarof...ors_coupe.html

67Camaro 396BB 750Holley, edlebrock performer,280isky,3.42 posi, turbo 350,stage 2 shift kit, 2800 stall, MSDready to run distributor, headers, 2.5"exhaust, Hotchkis(1.5"/2"drop).(orig.Deep water blue/light blue dlx inter, v8 column shift/bench seat)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 09, 09:06 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Art

Re: Hotchkis sub frame connectors for my 67 coupe

I bought those for my 67, will be installing once the body is a little closer to completion. They include only the 2 rear subframe bushings in the kit. I bought this kit from Summit, http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku to replace all of them. That kit included new hardware. I should have bought this one, http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku as it is the same kit but without bolts. The supplied hardware is grade 5 and I won't be using it, so I basically wasted another $30 for bolts I won't use.

Artie

67 Camaro
99 T/A Daily Driver

Previous:
67 Camaro Traded for my 98
68 Camaro Street/Strip
98 Camaro Race car Best ET 9.08 @ 152 1.18 60'

Dyno sheets don't win races, see you at the track
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 09, 09:32 PM
Senior Tech
Al

I bought the Hotchkis connectors for my vert, and they are nice. But the only reason I bought Hotchkis is becuase they made the best VERT connector in my opinion. For a coupr, that's awfully expensive. I'd look around if I were you and see what's out there. The "reg'lar" old connectors don't really show on a coupe, and I think you could save some cash. Just my opinion.

I used Speedtech aluminum body mounts. They are things of beauty. I recall them being $125ish. Sad thing is, the rear mounts wouldn't work with my Hotchkis connectors - I had to use the ones Hotchkis supplied.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 09, 10:56 PM
Banned

I am very happy w/ my Jegs bolt-on's.

pdq67

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 09, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Johnny

I think I will go with the Hotchkis and call around to get the best price. What grade bolts do you guys suggest?

Since hotchkis supplies the 2 polyurethane bushings I'm leaning towards doing the whole car with this type. My concern is will they squeak after a few years?

67Camaro 396BB 750Holley, edlebrock performer,280isky,3.42 posi, turbo 350,stage 2 shift kit, 2800 stall, MSDready to run distributor, headers, 2.5"exhaust, Hotchkis(1.5"/2"drop).(orig.Deep water blue/light blue dlx inter, v8 column shift/bench seat)
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 09, 12:16 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

I also have the Hotchkis frame connector kit and yes it comes with a new set of Urethane frame bushing and bolts when you attach the frame. Then weld or bolt, i will weld when i get ready to install them. Even with the connectors welded on you can still remove the rear leafs if needed. Also if you want to replace your fuel line you better do it before the connectors are installed.

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 09, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Johnny

Yes I do want to replace the fuel line and fuel tank. I went from a small block to a BB and I wanted to go with the bigger stock fuel line. Are most 42 year old fuel lines on the brink of failure?

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 09, 12:37 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny67 View Post
Yes I do want to replace the fuel line and fuel tank. I went from a small block to a BB and I wanted to go with the bigger stock fuel line. Are most 42 year old fuel lines on the brink of failure?
Big question is how much HP are you shooting for... And it sounds like you have a return line.
I am shooting for 600+ HP and went with 1/2 Stainless Steel already bent but if you are running a return it will be to much. Maybe you can use the stock 3/8 as a return and 1/2 feed...

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 09, 12:40 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

To be honest ive herd the the 3/8 line is good up to 600hp. But you have to install the fuel lines first.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 09, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Johnny

I'm happy at the 375HP and I have no return line just a stock BB fuel pump and the 396 375HP feed line to the carb. i have not had any problems with getting enough fuel.

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 09, 12:49 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Quote:
I'm happy at the 375HP and I have no return line just a stock BB fuel pump and the 396 375HP feed line to the carb. i have not had any problems with getting enough fuel.
Then go with the pre-bend 3/8 SS line...

This link is what i just went threw.
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=149857

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 09, 12:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

David Pozzi says there is no good reason to use any mount other than solid aluminum. I replaced mine last year. I haven't been able to tell the difference. Maybe because I welded-up the SFC right after bolting it on. The difference was astounding. And I run two Addco HD sway bars. These SFC's are by CE. They can be seen in front of the lift bars. The fuel line and battery cables fit between the SFC's and body easily. And you have to be on your knees to see them.

The condition of the original mounts with the new. (DSE) The new made no difference and the sub frame was a bitch to move away from the body for the installation of the solid mounts. I had to unbolt the rear spring pad that captured the SFC's.

These things need longer bolts. Most vendors don't mention it. The new grade 8's are next to the lone original frame bolt to the right. AND,,,,, two of the new bolts are too large for the radiator support. My bad.

One owner 69 Camaro,(yep, bought it new
)
RS SS Hugger Orange, L88, 4:10's tru-tack posi, ducted hood, Endura, spoilers.
TH400 (CX) with Coan 8" converter, GV-OD, 8 track still on console and best et 10.495,
128.79mph 1.428 60'
All with 1960's stuff. (except tires and converter)
+ MT Super Scavenger headers & 3" full exhaust with X pipe. 3700 lbs. with me in it.
1000cfm AED and HD Harold-Lunati SR, 725 lift with shaft rockers too.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 09, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Johnny

Fred did you have any suprises like broken cage nuts or rusty area's around the mounts?

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 09, 01:41 PM
Senior Tech
Frank

As BPOS used, the Hotchkis frame connector and Speedtech bushing and bolt kit is a great combo. We have both on the shelf. The frame connectors are 20% off right now making them $276. The Speedtech bushings are $119
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 09, 01:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

Quote:
Fred did you have any suprises like broken cage nuts or rusty area's around the mounts?
No johnny, but it hasn't been driven in the rain, on purpose, since 1974. See the paint on the belly sheet metal? Original factory.

One owner 69 Camaro,(yep, bought it new
)
RS SS Hugger Orange, L88, 4:10's tru-tack posi, ducted hood, Endura, spoilers.
TH400 (CX) with Coan 8" converter, GV-OD, 8 track still on console and best et 10.495,
128.79mph 1.428 60'
All with 1960's stuff. (except tires and converter)
+ MT Super Scavenger headers & 3" full exhaust with X pipe. 3700 lbs. with me in it.
1000cfm AED and HD Harold-Lunati SR, 725 lift with shaft rockers too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode