10" Brake Booster - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 09, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Michael

10" Brake Booster

Hey guys. I am having an issue with my massive factory brake booster. The pedal won't return and on top of that i have to take the thing off every time to adjust lash because my valve cover wont come off.

I want to go to a 10 inch booster. Polished aluminum thats not breaking the bank. Everything in my engine bay is aluminum and polished, powder coated black, ceramic coated, or gold anodized. I want to keep the theme going. Any recommendations?

I have the CPP 13 in breaks up front. So she stops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 09, 07:25 AM
Senior Tech
John

Re: 10" Brake Booster

I am sure some others will chime in about 10" boosters, but many have gone to the hydraboost systems for their brakes. http://www.hydratechbraking.com/Hydr...genF_Body.html

This will be an upgrade I will most likely do in the future....not any time soon though....

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing...a little's good, more's better, and too much is just enough
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
68 rs - Van Nuys original - one family car.....which still needs to be finished!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 09, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Michael

I really have no need for a hydraboost i have enough vacuum and the engine comparment looks beautiful I do not want to mess with anymore lines.

BTW their line set is ridiculous summit sells the tubing and fittings for maybe 1/5th the price.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 09, 11:00 AM
Senior Tech
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radcannon View Post
I really have no need for a hydraboost i have enough vacuum and the engine comparment looks beautiful I do not want to mess with anymore lines.

BTW their line set is ridiculous summit sells the tubing and fittings for maybe 1/5th the price.
I know.....just using them as an example....I still use the original sized booster so hopefully someone will give you an idea on a 10 incher.....

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing...a little's good, more's better, and too much is just enough

68 rs - Van Nuys original - one family car.....which still needs to be finished!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode