brake line brackets - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 09, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

brake line brackets

ordered a prebent line kit from Right Stuff and it didnt come with any hose brackets or Tblock. Do I need both the frame and caliper brackets for front and back? (4 wheel disks) The bracket that goes on the differential housing, is that where the Tblock mounts? Anybody have any of these brackets? I cant believe theyre worth what Ricks wants for them.
Also there must be a clip or something missing off my parking brake as there is nothing that contacts the switch when the pedal is pushed down...can anybody post a closeup pic of the mechanism so i can see what i need...
much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 09, 10:31 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Re: brake line brackets

I got my lines from them too. I went ahead and ordered the brackets as well. The kit I got did NOT include the Tblock mount that goes on the rear end. I made my own pretty easy. Here are some pics:

Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 09, 03:14 AM
Senior Tech
Steiner

The T-block is part of the rear flex line so if you didn't get a flex kit as well then you won't have one. It connects to the front-to-rear hardline at a bracket on the floor pan behind the rear end and mounts to the rear using your original bracket. I'd let you have mine but I reused it when I put in the Moser. I've got an extra brand new stainless braided rear flex line with T-block I'll make you a good deal on if you want to PM me. I think I've also got a few of the little horseshoe clips that are used to hold the two front and one rear flex line to the frame brackets if you want or need them. No charge.

I got my Right Stuff kit from Matt's and they include all new frame clamps and bolts (although it was short one or two) so I can't speak as to what Right Stuff gives you if you get it straight from them.

I know for my rear kit, even though I ordered it with a four wheel disc kit the lines seemed to be made to connect directly to drums so that made them hit the rotors. I had to do some creative bending on them and don't have brackets at the end by the rear discs where they connect to the flex lines. I mounted them to the Moser for the time being with stainless hose clamps over strips of black exhaust wrap around the axle tubes.

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 09, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
The T-block is part of the rear flex line so if you didn't get a flex kit as well then you won't have one. It connects to the front-to-rear hardline at a bracket on the floor pan behind the rear end and mounts to the rear using your original bracket. I'd let you have mine but I reused it when I put in the Moser. I've got an extra brand new stainless braided rear flex line with T-block I'll make you a good deal on if you want to PM me. I think I've also got a few of the little horseshoe clips that are used to hold the two front and one rear flex line to the frame brackets if you want or need them. No charge.

I got my Right Stuff kit from Matt's and they include all new frame clamps and bolts (although it was short one or two) so I can't speak as to what Right Stuff gives you if you get it straight from them.

I know for my rear kit, even though I ordered it with a four wheel disc kit the lines seemed to be made to connect directly to drums so that made them hit the rotors. I had to do some creative bending on them and don't have brackets at the end by the rear discs where they connect to the flex lines. I mounted them to the Moser for the time being with stainless hose clamps over strips of black exhaust wrap around the axle tubes.
I got my kit from Matts, but went directly to RS for the lines as their prices and shipping on the lines were much better. I figured the support comes from them anyway, so might as well go right to the source.
Thanks for your offer - i actually found a Tblock on a different brake line i can use, I did get the flex hose with my kit. I already have all the body clips, and the horseshoe clips you refer to, what i need is all the brackets for the frame or calipers or both. I will probably end up making them, but need to look at another car or pics to get an idea of where/how they should mount.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 09, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Zlek131 - thanks so pics are very helpful.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode