has anyone on here made - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 09, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
tom

has anyone on here made

has anyone on here made there own caltracs set up i just recieved my hotchkis leaf springs 1 1/2 drop and thought if i asked for some opions was looking at the caltracs and wondering if you really need to change the front eye bushing would it be possible to simply cut the rubber bushing down to the width of the spring to have room to install the two triangle plates on either side of the front eye mounting bracket i have read on this site some guys say the caltrac rattle just wondering if this would fix that problem and if it would work i also conntacted hotchkis about the shackle bushings i talked to duane for awhile on the phone i was in the barn and did some measureing for him i checked the dia. of the bushings irecieved and they were all the same size 1.610" i also checked the bore in the frame rails they are 1.575 that is a .035 press if i told him i didn"t think i could press them in and would never be able to get the steel sleeves in i also told him i had seen these problem exspressed on this site so he asked me if i could find some post on here and email them to him i did that last nite i think i sent 6 or 7 threads to him i will wait and see if i hear back for him i would like to say thank to guys guys on this forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 09, 05:15 AM
Senior Tech
john

Re: has anyone on here made

I haven't yet, but I probably will. Here's a site with instructions. If you click on the "back" box at the bottom of the page it has pictures of the ones he built.

http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com/Traction.html

67 camaro, 406 w/ 5.7 rods and forged dish pistons 10-1 w/64cc head, voodoo 60103 cam, 8.5 10 bolt w/373 posi, 350 turbo trans, 1 5/8 headers, 2.5 dual exhaust
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 09, 01:10 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Re: has anyone on here made

Yes... and I modified them some for my car.... yes Tested and Work

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode