FYI on header fitment in a 69 big block car - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 10, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

FYI on header fitment in a 69 big block car

i was working on my cousin's never ending (and always changing) 69 Camaro for the last couple of days, and figured i'd pass on a fitment issue when using a newer series 500 steering box. we had to ding his shiny and new ceramic coated Hooker Super Comp header that we had already fit around the stock PS box to make it clear the supposedly smaller newer style steering box. i had to make the two dimples that i already made 3 years ago bigger to clear the cover on the top of the box, and dimple another tube to clear the bolt that holds the cover on the input side of the box. and you can totally forget about using the fancy aluminum cover that comes with the box if you order it from CPP- it adds an extra 1/4" of interference issues. might work with a small block, but not a big block.
so, to summarize- big block, Super Comp header, 500 series box, "correct" Pakistani frame and India motor mount pads don't play nicely together compared to a stock PS box in a 69 Camaro.

this is the box in question: http://www.classicperform.com/Store/...rs/CP50004.htm
hopefully the aggravation of the install will be worth it when the car is on the road..

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode