Global West uppers and knock off lowers - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 10, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Scott

Global West uppers and knock off lowers

I have researched until my eyes fell out, i am ready to just buy something. I just have a couple questions on these control arms.

Upper arms
Global west with Polyurethane bushings "yes or no" It will be street strip on a 67 camaro but mostly street. Will they make noise or bind up etc. I know everyone will say the dela-lum bushings but i am trying to budget my build as much as possible. This car will be driven alot just for fun so i am not looking for perfection just looks and better ride. And i am not doing the G-mod and i am not buying the SPC arms.

Lower arms Cheap knock offs on ebay Item number: 170345131400 From "speed daddy"
I have read all the threads on them and i am aware of the risk on the uppers but never read anything on the lowers except that the spring pocket is a little lower. That would not be a problem as i will be lowering it anyway. The only thing i am worried about is the Derlin bushings installed and the ball joint. I can not pass it up for the price as i am only getting them for looks.

Any advice is appreciated on what i am looking at. As i said i have read every thread on control arms and i know what is out there and have narrowed it down to this.

Thanks

Last edited by ledoux67; Apr 27th, 10 at 01:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 10, 01:29 PM
Senior Tech
Timothy

Re: Global west uppers and knock off lowers

Im not sure of your answer, but curious why not the SC&C arms with the tall balljoint? From my research these are the only arms the correct improper steering geometry. I thought the other tubular a-arms like globals, are all just for looks. I was considering these with the cheaper ebay lowers myself.

My 69 RS/SS 396 Project -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I may be dumb but I aint stupid"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 10, 01:42 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledoux67 View Post
Upper arms
Global west with Polyurethane bushings "yes or no" It will be street strip on a 67 camaro but mostly street. Will they make noise or bind up etc. I know everyone will say the dela-lum bushings but i am trying to budget my build as much as possible. This car will be driven alot just for fun so i am not looking for perfection just looks and better ride. And i am not doing the G-mod and i am not buying the SPC arms.
Thanks
Not sure if Poly bushing will or will not be noisy but I do know for sure that dela-lum will not be noisy. I have GW upper/lower with dela-lum on my 68. Car handling really improved in my case.

Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zlek131; Apr 27th, 10 at 01:54 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 10, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microgiant View Post
Im not sure of your answer, but curious why not the SC&C arms with the tall balljoint? From my research these are the only arms the correct improper steering geometry. I thought the other tubular a-arms like globals, are all just for looks. I was considering these with the cheaper ebay lowers myself.

Well the price for one because its like crack, you see the first stage then you want the next and the next. I would love them but i want the stage two with upper and lower ball joints and that is more than i am willing to spend. I thought the globals had the 6* more whatever to help it out. Plus on the SC&C arms there are no bump stops on the upper which i dont like because i live in louisiana and our roads are crap.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 10, 03:52 PM

Who is SC & C ? what is their web address ?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 10, 03:58 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledoux67 View Post
Well the price for one because its like crack, you see the first stage then you want the next and the next. I would love them but i want the stage two with upper and lower ball joints and that is more than i am willing to spend. I thought the globals had the 6* more whatever to help it out. Plus on the SC&C arms there are no bump stops on the upper which i dont like because i live in louisiana and our roads are crap.
First off, tall lower ball joints are for A body cars, not F body cars. Lowers do nothing to improve geometry, so spend your money on Del-a-lum bushings for factory lowers.
Second-
If you are worried about hitting the UPPER bumpstops while city driving, you just got air borne by a good foot plus. Not going to happen unless you live in Hazard County running moonshine.

for the other guy:
www.scandc.com

Tyler

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 10, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetoe_Jones View Post
First off, tall lower ball joints are for A body cars, not F body cars. Lowers do nothing to improve geometry, so spend your money on Del-a-lum bushings for factory lowers.
Second-
If you are worried about hitting the UPPER bumpstops while city driving, you just got air borne by a good foot plus. Not going to happen unless you live in Hazard County running moonshine.

for the other guy:
www.scandc.com

Tyler
First off thanks i did not know that about the lowers, as i am waiting for a call back from mark at SC&C. And i dont want stock lowers i know it does nothing to have aftermarket lowers but i like the look and i just want them.

Second if your ever down around lake arthur LA. or Gueydan La. and you hit the craters in these rodes you would understand. Black top rodes and not pretty highways. No moonshine but not far from hazard county. I do like them and if i would decide on them i would put a limit strap. I just put not the SC&C because i already read up everything in the threads and figured i would not waste anyones time on it, plus i am still waiting for Mark to call me.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode