New leaf springs - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 10th, 10, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

New leaf springs

What are my options in turns of brand and price to replace my leaf springs on a 67 convert. I am looking for an upgrade to multileaf that basically swap out with new shackles etc.
Thanks from Baton Rouge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 10th, 10, 11:38 AM
Senior Tech

Re: New leaf springs

Hey hericame, there's a few different options out there for you one is the JC whitney setup they have a couple different ones, one is a 3 leaf setup that you can just bolt right in using your factory perches on your rearend. im assuming that your 67 still has it's original mono leaf springs that it hasn't been set up allready for a multi leaf. they also have i believe a 4 and 5 leaf setup. if you wanted the 4 or 5 you'd have to change your perches on your rearend i believe to accomodate for a more multileaf leaf spring that's why i opted for the jcw 3 leaf set up in mine right now i do believe they are a stock height set up. when i bought them they were listed under nova and not the camaro not sure what years of nova i think 66-67 or something but were easy to put in and bolted right up with no modification to my perches or anything. here's a thread that might help you out just read through them and it'll help https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...y+leaf+springs if you get stuck just do a search in the forums for this there is alot of posts that will help you out. Good luck man hope this helps.

Rich

67 that is asleep right now but is somehow my dream
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 10th, 10, 12:57 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

I just put the JCW 3 leaves in. So new in fact, that I haven't even driven down the street yet. I plan to post about it with some before and after pics but it is very straightforward. All you need besides the springs is some U-Bolts to replace the T-bolts. The springs were about $165.

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 10th, 10, 02:19 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Tom does it sit up any higher or does it look factory height? i need them too in my 69
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 10th, 10, 03:11 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam6t9 View Post
Tom does it sit up any higher or does it look factory height? i need them too in my 69
As of today, it's hard to tell where it's going to end up. I have only about 2 gal of gas in the tank. I'll take photos, fill tank, take more photos. Right now it kind of has a 70's look to it, which I like. Others have said it comes out factory or just slightly higher, so that's what I expect.

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old May 11th, 10, 04:51 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose RS View Post
As of today, it's hard to tell where it's going to end up. I have only about 2 gal of gas in the tank. I'll take photos, fill tank, take more photos. Right now it kind of has a 70's look to it, which I like. Others have said it comes out factory or just slightly higher, so that's what I expect.
ok Tom thanks..yes take some pics if you can i'd like to see it
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old May 11th, 10, 08:40 AM
Senior Tech
Ted

My 69 originally had monos. I went with the JCW 3 leafs. The old monos made the rear look saggy. Now it looks great!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old May 13th, 10, 01:53 PM
MCB
MCB Parts

We sell a lot of the Hotchkis leafs. We have found most cutomers are VERY happy with the ride quality and stance. The kit is VERY complete and you can run lowering blocks to get a little more drop if you want!

They come in 1.5" and 3" drops.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old May 13th, 10, 02:21 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

I did the JCWhitney 4 leafs...yes the rear is higher than my 40+ year old bent mono springs...but rides fine

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode