Hydrobooster / Brake Experts... - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 13th, 10, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Oscar

Hydrobooster / Brake Experts...

I'm getteing ready to remove my power booster and replace it with a hydrobooster. Reason is I have replaced the entire brake sytem and my pedal is still hard (hard to lock it up). I only have about 8-9hg of vacuum. I installed a electric vacuum pump and I don't like how it performs. So I have done alot of research on this and it don't seem to be that big of a project. The only hard part I see is getting a mounting bracket, so if anyone has any suggestions let me know. The one big hold up for me is getting the right Hydrobooster. I went to the salvage yard and found plenty off of different vehicles, my question here is can I use any of them if not why? The all have the basic same apperance and function by pressing the MC (correct) so can I use one say from a 2004 chevy express van. I see alot of threads saying to use around a 94/95 Astro van. I just don't see why I can't use the others also. I will just use my current MC. Also is there any that has a removable brake pedal rod so I can remove it and thread it ect..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 14th, 10, 06:39 AM
Tech Team
Bill

Re: Hydrobooster / Brake Experts...

oscar
you can thread the rod yourself with out taking it out or take it to a machine shop
also some brackets turn booster upside down to hide hoses.
hope this helps
Bill

Bill
1969 Red SS
496 570 Hp
Tko 600 with 4:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 14th, 10, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Oscar

Re: Hydrobooster / Brake Experts...

SOunds good. I want it to face down so thats great. As far as the donor hydoboosters, how do I know what size lines go with them if they don't have them with it. Can I just take it to the parts store and find the right size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode