Caltrac question - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 10, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Cody

Caltrac question

Ok this may be a dumb question but here goes, I have a 68 camaro, about to put in a new Moser 9" and about to order a set of caltracs. Question is where do you mount your shocks from with caltracs since the stock shock mount that I have now mounts to the T bolts that go around the axle tube, and isnt that where the caltracs will mount from? So what happens to the shocks? Do you re-locate them? If so where to and how is there a kit you buy? Any pics would be most helpful. Car is a single leaf spring, with new universal spring perches on the new rear end. Kinda has me stumped as to where the shocks will go...THANKS, Are shocks necessary with caltracs? I just need a little help here...LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 10, 09:15 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Garage
Re: Caltrac question

Caltracs come with a new lower plate that replaces the stock one and it has a shock mount. Here is an old pic of the ones on my car. Oh, and if your car runs 10's or better, make sure your spring perches are up to the task.

'69 Camaro - 429 SBC Dart Iron Eagle 9.325" block, Crower crank, Crower 6" billet rods, Ross pistons (10:1), Total Seal rings, AFR 245 heads, T&D steel body shaft rockers, Cloyes Timing set, custom ground 4-7 swap solid roller 274/286 @ .050" with .704" lift, Dart single plane, Holley Dominator EFI on E85, Injector Dynamics ID2000 Injectors, Stef's #1705R oil pan, F2 Procharger, Lemons 2" primary 4" collector, ATI 9" blower converter
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 10, 03:16 PM
Chris

-69 z/28, hotchkis suspension, Caltrac bars, 489' BB in the works.
-91 s10, v8

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 10, 06:47 AM
cad
Tech Team

Calvert sells the reinforced spring perches, too...Competition Engineering makes a cross member that mounts between the upper rear frame rails. You would need to order a different part number rear shock from Calvert if you go that route as it can use the shock with a eye on the top, rather than the stud, and I believe they are shorter. If you use the cross member, you can use the shorter shock with the stud mount on top, but the stud will hit the trunk pan.

Clark

1968 Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode