Removing Residual Pressure Valve - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 10, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Al

Removing Residual Pressure Valve

Currently running a stock type disc/drum MC with 4 wheel discs, and would like to remove the RPV from the rear port on the MC. I understand how to get the check valve out, but assume I will destroy the brass flare seat in the process. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement brass flare seat? Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 10, 06:17 PM
Senior Tech
T

Re: Removing Residual Pressure Valve

It's possible to carefully install a screw in the fitting and "slide-hammer" it out without destroying the seat, but it's not always a guaranteed deal.

If you need to replace the seats, most "good" master cylinder rebuild kits have replacement RPVs and seats in them. Be careful though -- it seems there are some different bore diameters used by (?) different rebuilders, so you might end up with nice new inserts that don't fit in the M/C you have.....

You could also consider a new "stock rebuilt" master cylinder for a 68-76 corvette, which should bolt right up (but look slightly different) and won't have RPVs.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 10, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Al

Re: Removing Residual Pressure Valve

Thanks T. I looked at some rebuild kits and saw the inserts, but holy crap they cost $33 and I just need one itty bitty part out of it. Oh well, I'll try and be extra careful getting it out. Thanks for the advice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode