Power booster conversion question - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 10, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Rain

Power booster conversion question

Hi All.. I have a question.. I have 69 SS that came with front disk brakes but no booster. I ordered the booster/master/prop valve kit from ground up.. I removed the old master went to install the booster to the wall ad hook up the linkage but it seems like there is an issue. I am using all the new hardware that came with the new boost.. when I go to mount the booster it seems like the rod is way to long. If I push on the booster I can get a nut on the mount but the master rod is already fully extended.. I have tried to adjust the rod out of the booster to the clevis but can only get it a couple turns before it hits the brake pedal mount.

Do I need to change something or am i missing a block between the booster and the firewall?

I appreciate any advice or help you all can give me on this.. I wanted to get it installed this weekend.

thanks!!

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 10, 03:14 PM
Senior Tech
Jim

Send a message via Yahoo to go2fast
Re: Power booster conversion question

You need to use the lower hole on the pedal. There are two. You can take the spring off the pedal too, but you don't have to. If you are using the lower hole, you need to adjust the fork.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 10, 03:28 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

For power brakes you use the upper hole on the pedal. The lower hole is for non-power applications. On mine I had to trim the length of threaded rod where it attaches to the clevis that attaches to the pedal. It's not unusual to have to trim it. Put the clevis in place and hold the threaded rod next to it to determine where you should cut.
Be careful that you don't cut too much off. It's better to cut a little at a time, kind of sneak up on it, instead of cutting it too short.

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 10, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Rain

Great!! Thanks for the help.. I am heading outside to check it out now! I appreciate all the help!!! I'll let you know how it comes out!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode