Air Ride and Aftermarket subframe - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 11, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Chase

Air Ride and Aftermarket subframe

Hello everyone this is the first time ive posted on here but its came to the point were I would like some advise before I go to spending alot of money on something that might not be worth it . I bought a 68 this past May and went straight to work on it. I got it on the rottiserie had it blasted and started replacing panels. Now that thats FINALLY done Im looking for a suspension. Im pretty much set on the ridetech level 2 suspension system but I wanted to no if anyone had any personal experience with it. This car will not be an every day driver but it surely wont be a trailer car either.

This car has dse tubs on it and will have budnik 22s rear 19s front (not sure on width yet). I really like the low stance I just turned 23 so the old school 15s just arent my style (not that theres anything wrong with them lol)

Also has anyone used the speed tech performance pro-touring subframe? I have talked to them a few times now just not made up my mind seeing as how there are so many to choose from....

Thanks for tha help and all the other great post on this website
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 11, 11:55 AM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Re: Air Ride and Aftermarket subframe

Do you want air ride so you can drop it in the weeds when showing it? Do you want the suspension to perform better and want better handling. Are you looking for combination of the two?

I would first decide what I really truly want most and then start looking........ maybe you already have? I have seen a number of subframes and I personaly like the Alston sub frame the most, I also Like the the Alston 4 link and the DSE 4 links the most. It's not that I have any experiance with them they just seem to have that "engineering" Company behind them, DSE takes their stuff to the track and Alston has been around for years.

Now the Ride Teck stuff is nice and I have seen a few cars with it. I just feel that if you want something that is more of use and performance type set up they may not be my personal choice but I do like the fact that you can adjust ride hight and give the car that nasty low look when you want it and go over speed bumps when you need to. Is that practical? For me no...but it might be for you.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 11, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Chase

Re: Air Ride and Aftermarket subframe

A combination of both really, but it needs to perform well also. Its gonna have to hold up to 600+ hp not that it will be on the drag strip any but it will definatly see a few red light runs.

I just love the look of the camaros settin on the ground at a show but then you can air the bags up to almost stock ride hight and cruise.

Ive been looking for a few months now I read an article on hot rod mag about first gen subframes and there were quite a few options and I called quite a few places but speed tech was actually the only place i talked to that the person i talked to new what they were talking about and would take the time to answer some off the questions i had... I also looked at dse's subframe but wasnt to sure if the would work with the ridetech suspension....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode