Right Stuff parts, reviews - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 11, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Den

Right Stuff parts, reviews

Hi guys,

After looking through 7 pages of hits, I couldn't find anyone who uses their control arms. I wish the search engine will allow "" to look for exact word combinations.

Does anybody run these in their cars and how happy are you with your setup? Are they from the same shop that makes the ebay ones? I installed Right Stuff's brake lines 8 years ago and quality was good.

Here is the link to the Jegs:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Right-Stuff/96...ductId=1623814

Part number: Right Stuff UCA6769, price is $249.

I sent Jegs a question on what bushings they install and if they can replace them (delrin, for example), per customer's request. No answer yet.

My 67 is sagged on the passenger side due to the worn springs. My plan is to have a nice handling street car with Moog 6308 springs and Koni red shocks. The car has a disc conversion kit installed (1.5" drop), Vintage a/c, p/s, no-name absorbers in the front, multileaves in the back with Monroes. The ride is very soft (feels like a Caddy).

So "while I am at it", I figured I will replace shocks, springs and upper control arms. I will powder coat the lowers.

Thanks,
Den

'67 Camaro RS, 383, 3.73, TH350, Comp XE268, Harland Sharp rockers (1.5:1), Stealth intake, Edel. 750cfm, 9.4:1CR, 487X heads, Hooker headers, AeroFlow Chambers, Comp. Eng. SF, traction bars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 11, 05:16 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Re: Right Stuff parts, reviews

The Koni Classic (Red) is a good choice. I have them with 550# front springs.

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 11, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Den

Thanks Don, for the input.

Now I just need to know if the Right Stuff upper control arms are a good choice and call it a day :-). Btw, Jegs is not in a real rush to answer my email. I might just call them on the phone and ask.

'67 Camaro RS, 383, 3.73, TH350, Comp XE268, Harland Sharp rockers (1.5:1), Stealth intake, Edel. 750cfm, 9.4:1CR, 487X heads, Hooker headers, AeroFlow Chambers, Comp. Eng. SF, traction bars.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 11, 06:14 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

Those look like the ebay arms so if you search for ebay arms or look at the "popular thread" sticky at the top of this forum there are some links in there towards the bottom. I'll save you a little time though....consensus from those without them is that they're too cheap to be any good while the consensus from those who do have them is that they fit and function fine other than having to change out the slug inserts (where arm mounts) on the earlier models.

Best bet would be to call Right Stuff directly about the bushings. Same price there. Going through Jegs is going to be like asking Wal-Mart where Heinz gets their tomatoes.
http://www.getdiscbrakes.com/RSeComm...69&source=List

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 11, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Den

Thanks, Steiner. That's what I thought about their origin. I also called Speedway about their $319 upper control arms with Del-a-lum bushings (if interested, part number 91034267). Turns out they are made by Procomp (Chinese company).

I talked to my old friend, mechanic who owns the alignment shop. He recommended going with the scandc.com adjustable upper arms for better tuning in. I will call Mark this afternoon to discuss it.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 11, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Den

Update: I just got off the phone with Mark. Awesome guy! A cornucopia of useful information. I ended up ordering their Stage I Plus with Nascar racing ball joints uppers, along with the camber/caster gauge.

It is nice to know that there will be someone I can talk to in the future if I run into issues with the product.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode