C4/C5 brakes w/ foose legends - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 12, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
daniel

C4/C5 brakes w/ foose legends

So after a lot of reading i decided to try the c4/c5 front brake conversion. The main problem was that i have 17" foose legends which have a horrible spoke design that will NOT clear the popular c5 conversion. After talking to some people they said it would not clear but i decided to try it any ways, maybe have an excuse for new wheels! So i bought a c4/c5 conversion kit off of ebay, a lot of people on the trifive.com forum site have used the kit and have been happy! heres the kit i bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/200674224853...#ht_859wt_1189

one thing that i did notice is this kit uses some generic type c5 caliper, and it does not have the fins running across the top of the caliper which would have definitely hit the spokes.

heres a couple pictures. and one of

im also putting an ls1 motor in it right now heres a picture of the motor ready to drop in once the brakes are done.

67 ss350 clone under restoration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 12, 05:26 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Re: C4/C5 brakes w/ foose legends

I believe the front brakes you have are a hybrid mixing C4 rotor and C5 caliper. The C5 rotor is 12.79"x1.25" and the C4 is 13"x1.1" and has a larger offset which allows more wheel clearence.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 12, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
daniel

Re: C4/C5 brakes w/ foose legends

Yup! thats just what i meant by the "c4/c5" but i went with that kit just for the extra offset . It is still really really tight but did clear, | | is about the clearance i have, maybe a little less.

i just wanted to let people know that have 17" legends that the c4/c5 hybrid kit will work! because i had a hard time finding any info with those wheels.

67 ss350 clone under restoration

Last edited by danyboy1409; Jan 8th, 12 at 09:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode