cpp hydraulic brake assist - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 13, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
James

cpp hydraulic brake assist

Hey everyone;

i am putting new wilwood brakes front and rear to replace the older discs i have on the car right now and i want to replace the MC/booster at the same time. i have been looking at the cpp hydraulic brake assist "show stopper" unit as i would like to get the ugly booster off the firewall. wondering if any of you have gone with this unit and have any feedback. i am going to do all of the lines at the same time to stainless. cpp has full kits which seemed reasonably priced but i know there's classic tube and inline tube as well. any opinions on pre-done kits vs by the lines and bending yourself? i have a bender and flare tool as well but why do the work if you can get a complete kit already done? thanks for any feedback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 13, 05:51 PM
John

Garage
Re: cpp hydraulic brake assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitnessguy View Post
Hey everyone;

i am putting new wilwood brakes front and rear to replace the older discs i have on the car right now and i want to replace the MC/booster at the same time. i have been looking at the cpp hydraulic brake assist "show stopper" unit as i would like to get the ugly booster off the firewall. wondering if any of you have gone with this unit and have any feedback. i am going to do all of the lines at the same time to stainless. cpp has full kits which seemed reasonably priced but i know there's classic tube and inline tube as well. any opinions on pre-done kits vs by the lines and bending yourself? i have a bender and flare tool as well but why do the work if you can get a complete kit already done? thanks for any feedback
I just did my car in all Stainless Lines. Extremely hard to work with and most flaring tools will not work on Stainless. I bent all of mine up is steel first then made the Stainless. Looks awesome but it take a fair amount of work.

I would have bought pre-made if I could have but I have all aftermarket frames, an F9 rear end and Wilwoods so that was not an option.

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 13, 06:00 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

Chris Alston's Chassisworks has a very nice stainless kit that is a direct fit to a Fab Nine rear with Wilwood brakes. I just installed a complete G- Machine complete sub frame and a complete G-Bar four link with a Fab Nine rear in a 67. Avery nice kit. Lines are dead on stainless and braided. I have no booster though.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 13, 05:39 PM
Senior Tech
Al

I used the Hydratech Hydroboost kit with my disc/disc system and used an Inline Tube brake line kit for 4 wheel power drum brakes with the 2 piece rear line, and custom braided stainless flex lines. Took a very minor amt of tweaking to get the ready made hard lines to fit at the MC,(steel, not SS). Used the factory distribution block under the MC, an adjustable prop valve to the rears on the subframe where the factory prop valve went and made my own line for the rear axle. Pretty neat pretty good.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 13, 05:49 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

Looks pretty clean. The kit I am speaking of is for a wilwood master cylinder and calipers.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 13, 07:57 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Carl Casanova did a Hydraboost system using a 99 Mustang cobra setup using 12"/13" PBR Brakes and Hawk Pads on his 68 Camaro.

http://www.geocities.com/casanoc/

Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 13, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
James

cool, looks good. guessing you are happy with the performance of it? the thing i like about the cpp version with their MC is that: "The all NEW MCPV-1 which combines the master cylinder, double adjustable proportioning valve, removable metering valve and stop light control all in one compact light weight unit, available for Disc/Drum or Disc/Disc applications. The MCPV-1 solves many problems associated with trying to do the same thing with four or five separate pieces being plumed together. The MCPV-1 is the master cylinder, proportioning valve, metering valve and stop light all in one package. The unique shape allows it be located on the firewall, under dash or on the frame just about anywhere. It’s approximately the same size as the ever-popular Corvette master cylinder...only 260% lighter."

this is their write up about the unit.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 13, 01:28 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

I think you'll find that the 99 and up ford Hyroboost system is almost the same thing as the CPP unit, only you can get them off Ebay, or in a bone yard for about 1/2 to 1/4 the price.

Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 13, 03:22 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

GM has been using hydra boost for many years. They are not hard to find.

X-77 keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode