QA1 Control arms - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 13, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
mark

QA1 Control arms

Just seeing if anyone has any experience or feedback on thesehttp://www.qa1.net/qa1_motorsports/d...trol-arms.html

68 originally ss (straight six) 406,Afr210,Bullet solid roller,rpm airgap,QF750,th400,3.73 Eaton posi.11.02 @ 122.74
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 13, 07:46 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

Re: QA1 Control arms

Hey Mark. I asked the same question a couple months back and no-one said they had them. I don't know if they are so new that no-one has bought them yet or what. I had my plan all made out to use them with their coil overs and a chicane kit, but now I'm starting to think I may go the way of a ridetech complete coil over package with the 4 link in the rear and coil overs all around.

Anyway, I'll be watching this thread since I'd also like to hear some input on these. Maybe we just need to buy them and install them so we can let everyone know what we think of them. Oh I know!!! How about QA1 donates them to us so we can review them and provide real customer input for everyone! I like that idea! What do you think??
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 13, 09:22 AM
Team Member
Ty

I did not know QA1 made control arms. They appear moderately priced for what I will assume is a high end part. I have cheapy ProComp control arms and they work fine. I do have QA1 single adjustable shocks.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 13, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian2013 View Post
Hey Mark. I asked the same question a couple months back and no-one said they had them. I don't know if they are so new that no-one has bought them yet or what. I had my plan all made out to use them with their coil overs and a chicane kit, but now I'm starting to think I may go the way of a ridetech complete coil over package with the 4 link in the rear and coil overs all around.

Anyway, I'll be watching this thread since I'd also like to hear some input on these. Maybe we just need to buy them and install them so we can let everyone know what we think of them. Oh I know!!! How about QA1 donates them to us so we can review them and provide real customer input for everyone! I like that idea! What do you think??
Yeah Brian, that would be nice of them. I think I'm gonna give a try and report back.

68 originally ss (straight six) 406,Afr210,Bullet solid roller,rpm airgap,QF750,th400,3.73 Eaton posi.11.02 @ 122.74
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 13, 12:50 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

Sounds good Mark!! I'll be interested in what you think of them. I won't be going with them after all…I couldn't resist a $550 cyber Monday discount for the complete Ridetech coil over suspension. Definitely Let us know what you think of them though since it looks like not too many people have them.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 13, 01:04 PM
Team Member
James

they look like good units. being qa1 i would think the quality would be there. i have cpp tubular arms in my car and they have been great. i think cpp is a little better pricing as you can get a full set for $733 with ball joints etc and they have 10% off right now for holiday pricing. i got mine in one of their pro touring kits with coil overs (qa1), rear shocks, leafs etc. i find them tough to beat for selection and price most times.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 13, 04:21 PM
Tech Team
Tyson

That's a pretty decent price for the setup! I haven't heard of the control arms either w/ QA1. I currently have Speed Tech upper/lower A arms with QA1 adjustable shocks and love it. World of difference from factory w/ sway bar and an alignment. These combos definitely get a little pricey, but may be worth the try on QA1 setup due to their reputation. My 2 cents
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 13, 04:48 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by growngrass View Post
That's a pretty decent price for the setup! I haven't heard of the control arms either w/ QA1. I currently have Speed Tech upper/lower A arms with QA1 adjustable shocks and love it. World of difference from factory w/ sway bar and an alignment. These combos definitely get a little pricey, but may be worth the try on QA1 setup due to their reputation. My 2 cents
I agree, the QA1's look like good quality products and their price was good as well. Only reason I went with the Ridetech was the Cyber deal and the fact that the wife gave the ok on spending a little more money. Otherwise I would've defiantly gone with the QA1's!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 13, 07:25 AM
Tech Team
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitnessguy View Post
they look like good units. being qa1 i would think the quality would be there. i have cpp tubular arms in my car and they have been great. i think cpp is a little better pricing as you can get a full set for $733 with ball joints etc and they have 10% off right now for holiday pricing. i got mine in one of their pro touring kits with coil overs (qa1), rear shocks, leafs etc. i find them tough to beat for selection and price most times.
Did you get part # 6774TCA-ULK-B from CPP? I'm looking into taking advantage of the holiday sales.

1968 Camaro RS
350 .060 over
M21 4 spd
& a whole lot of go fast parts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build thread:

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 13, 09:57 AM
David Pozzi

I would be concerned about the upper A arm shaft end caps coming unscrewed. They only use a small allen bolt which is impossible to lock in place. I'd like to see a castle nut with cotter pin in that position. The bushings appear to be Delrin which is nice.

Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:

67 RS 327 original owner. 1965 Lola T-70
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 13, 10:10 AM
Team Member
James

i got the control arms as part of their stage II pro touring kit. my car didnt have sway bars at the time and had the original rear leafs so wanted to do everything at once! if you didnt buy them for this current special, they will run another one at christmas / new year's as they always do. good question by David re the end caps as i was a little suspect at first too. i have watched them carefully since i put the kit on a year and half ago and they have never moved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode