Best Front suspension rebuild kit - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 13, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
LDB
Senior Tech
Chad

Best Front suspension rebuild kit

I'd look to rebuilt my front suspension this winter, I don't have the money for anything aggressive. My 67 camaro is stock and a driver. Money is a huge factor here. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 13, 01:39 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: Best Front suspension rebuild kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
I'd look to rebuilt my front suspension this winter, I don't have the money for anything aggressive. My 67 camaro is stock and a driver. Money is a huge factor here. Thanks for any input.
This is where I got my suspension rebuild kit. You can order the kit from almost anywhere. Also you will note that there are partial kits and full kits, American Made, Off shore products, factory correct and economy kits. Just pick the one that best suits your application. I went with a higher quality kit as I like to support North American made parts and with integral parts like steering components, safety is also a factor, so I like knowing I have spent money in places that gives me that confidence. However with any of these kits, the parts are brand new and will be much safer that 45 year old parts.

http://www.heartbeatcitycamaro.com/s...967-1968-1969/

Grandma, 69.5, Z/28 Finally Done! Well almost...

My Build Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 13, 01:42 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

I buy replacement suspension parts from my local parts suppliers. No need to feed a vendor unless your getting raked over the coals locally.

Call for restoration and custom paint scheduling:

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 13, 04:27 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

Rock Auto is a good source, you can choose different grades depending on the part.

1969 Camaro SS 350 LeMans Blue
2015 Z/28 - Red
1967 R/T
1977 Power Wagon
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 13, 10:22 AM
Senior Tech
Joe

I used P-S-T polyurethane parts. Came as a kit. Also did the idler arms and sway bar bushings at the same time.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 13, 10:49 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Before spending any money, I'd think about whether I wanted to upgrade the UCA/LCA bushings to poly or delrin/del-alum. Then there's the question of tall ball joints to correct the camber curve. And while you're in there, you might consider solid subframe bushings and the IROC steering box upgrade.

In other words, you might want to do some research before plunking your money down for a rebuild "kit."

Mike - '68 Camaro with lots of stuff done to it.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 13, 02:45 PM
Senior Tech
paul

I used RockAuto for all my ball joints and new bushes, I looked all over and found they had the best prices.

Watch the shipping though, if it comes to you from more than one warehouse it can get expensive, I managed to get it all from one location so only had one shipping fee.

I bought mostly MOOG stuff, I like their parts and the fact you can maintain them with grease.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 13, 03:48 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Chad, If you are keeping the suspension stock then go with Moog or TRW. I know some of their products are made in Mexico, etc. but they still have to meet the manufactures spec's. Check prices with your local parts houses and compare them with Rockauto prices. Be sure to include shipping charges and tax if applicable. Unless the parts on your car are quite old I would only replace the pieces needing replacement. There's no real gain in changing out good parts.

Al

my 67' build thread:
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 13, 08:04 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Take a look @ NAPA Chassis parts.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 13, 01:47 PM
T.C.

Chad, the Question is what you mean by Re-Build the Suspension as that means different things to different people. The Other Factor is determining your Budget.

Rebuild Stock - Bushings, Ball Joints, Shocks, Springs, etc
Upgrade - Tubular A-Arms, Shock, Springs, Swaybar.

I always recommend Buying American - Support the American Economy and get Quality Parts.

I'm biased as a Vendor, but wouldn't you like to buy from Someone that knows their Product & supports the Camaro Community?

T.C.

BMR SUSPENSION

My Camaro

Our 67-69 suspension on Two Guys Garage:

813-986-9302 Phone
TC
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 13, 05:35 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

X2 - On PST, I got the polygraphite super front end rebuild kit and the poly body mounts. Very happy with the results. I kept my original A-arms. I did upgrade to the Hotchkis TVS kit at the same time, so lot changed during that time. Recently, I lost one of the upper A-arm bushings due to a lose nut. Called PST, they sent me a new one no cost, 6 years after I bought the kit from them.

67 Vert RS/SS 350 4 SP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode