Team Camaro Tech banner

First car - need help!

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Sauron67MM 
#1 ·
I'm about to be 14 and I am working on my first car. Dad got me a 67 camaro. It has manual disc on the front and drum on the back. I want to make it power. What do i have to do/swap? Can i just add a booster and keep the rest or what?

#5 ·
Welcome to the Club, Michael.
Good suggestions given, mine are:
1. Buy a notebook and record all you do to the girl, and parts bought, and any changes from OE design, including electrical.
2. Buy an AIM, Assembly Instruction Manual, as it will show you how she was built and what mods are done when an option is installed from the standard configuration.
3. Buy a Chassis Service Manual as it will tell you how to work on the Camaro.

These can be bought at most repo stores and Amazon.com

#7 ·
#9 ·
thanks for all the input. My internet was sown all day yesterday so i am a little late. Not sure about "dropping the pedal mount to the lower hole" Shane. Are you talking about the rod from the master cyl? A guy i talked to last night said i would have to replace the proportioning valve. Is that right?

#11 ·
That depends on what your friend thinks a proportioning valve is. The p. valve is located on the subframe. The round hold-off/metering valve is located under the MC. The distribution block has no valving, but internally activates a pressure warning switch which illuminates the brake light on the dash. A combination valve incorporates all these functions and is offered on conversion kits if an original style set up is not important. Most of the vendors don't refer to components correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.