'68 brake line routing - Right Stuff kit - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 14, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

'68 brake line routing - Right Stuff kit

Should the line hang this far over the subframe? Fitment on the drivers side seems correct. Passenger side is surprising. I thought the line would hug the subframe.?.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 14, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Re: '68 brake line routing - Right Stuff kit

Also, on the drivers side, does this look about right for routing? I assume the need to make minor bends is to be expected?

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 14, 06:40 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boucher421 View Post
Also, on the drivers side, does this look about right for routing? I assume the need to make minor bends is to be expected?

When I was doing my brakes Right Stuff had a great custome service. Give then a call and email your pictures, I am sure they will help you with your problem.

Roger

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 14, 11:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jonathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerh View Post
When I was doing my brakes Right Stuff had a great custome service. Give then a call and email your pictures, I am sure they will help you with your problem.

Roger
+2 On their customer service, where did you get the lines/kit from? I had a similar case where my passenger side was too short. I ordered my kit from MCB and I sent them the pics and they forwarded them to Right Stuff. They sent me a new line (which was the correct length) and did not charge me a dime. I tried to send them the other line that was basically useless back, they said no worries.

68 Resto-Mod in progress..355sbc .350 Trans Rushforth wheels
My Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 14, 06:17 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Mine are from Inline Tube on a 69 - should be the same.

Pass side

Driver's side

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 14, 07:28 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

I redid my entire brake system last summer with SS lines from Right Stuff and there were a few moments head scratchin trying to figure out how they expected you to get the puzzle back together and get stuff in the right place. In the end everything fit exactly as in the original factory lines, there is a particular order and at one point we removed the master cylinder and of course everything fell into place no issues.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 14, 01:32 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Just getting ready to do this. My master is already mounted, and I really hope I don't have to remove it. Not impossible to do, but my firewall was replaced, and the new one didn't have "studs" to mount the MC on, so had to run bolts from under the dash. Kind of an ***-ache to remove it again.

Do you remember the magic sequence?

Jim

Jim
Hanging on the Maine Coast...moved back North

1969 RS/SS, 383, 4spd, 373s, 12bolt, FatMat, Vintage Air - Super Red, and it's my first Camaro.
Engine pics

Radiator pics

Build album

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 14, 04:10 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

you shouldn't have to remove the master cylinder.
I started with my 11" master cylinder and worked my way to the rear
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 14, 04:43 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

I think if I remember right the drivers front was the hardest to get up around and behind the other obstructions but once the master was loose from the booster it was easy otherwise it was a knuckle-buster.

I replaced the MC, and metering block and proportional valve all at the same time I was changing lines so this may have complicated my install. I used all the same parts as the originals. Looks like you are using a newer style of some of those blocks.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 14, 06:34 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I'm sure that part of it is the angle, but looking at Pic 3, there sure isn't much room to get the steering box in there...

Jim

Jim
Hanging on the Maine Coast...moved back North

1969 RS/SS, 383, 4spd, 373s, 12bolt, FatMat, Vintage Air - Super Red, and it's my first Camaro.
Engine pics

Radiator pics

Build album

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in