Using C6 front suspension? - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 14, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Darko

Using C6 front suspension?

Right now I have a modded stock subframe and was curious how well it is compared to using the C6 stuff.

I bought a C6 Z06 Parts car so I have all the suspension and brakes so I was thinking about what options I may have.

Right now my subframe already has some mods

Stock lower arms with aluminum bushings
adjustable sc&c upper arms
tall ball joint
stock spindle/brakes
hotchkis sway bar
aluminum subframe to body bushings
DSE lowering coil spring

I am building a turbo kit for the car and have to decide what route to go before I start laying more pipe in the car.

Is there a coil over kit that can be used with the stock subframe? I like the idea of adjustable ride height too.
What is the best spindle to use with the C6 Z06 brakes?

How capable is the stock subframe with these mods compared to possibly buying and spending a ton of money on something else?

This is going to be a high horsepower car. Is the stock subframe a solid piece to use?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by darko; Mar 5th, 14 at 06:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 14, 07:37 AM
Senior Tech
Al

Re: Using C6 front suspension?

I've never heard of someone twisting up a stock subframe because of too much power. If you're worried about it you can remove it and weld up all of the seams. Lots and lots of drag racers use the stock SF with huge HP. You need a pretty fat wallet for an aftermarket subframe.

Lots of coil over kits for the stock SF. Ride Tech, SpeedTech, DSE, SC&C to name just a few. The SpeedTech Chicane kit seems pretty neat to me http://www.speedtechperformance.com/...prod/prd12.htm

Pretty sure the stock spindle is fine for the C6 Z06 brakes. I gave you a link in another thread - that's what this guy specializes in. Give him a call (Tobin) The SpeedTech/ATS AFX spindles are nice, but spendy http://www.speedtechperformance.com/...prod/prd11.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 14, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPOS View Post
I've never heard of someone twisting up a stock subframe because of too much power. If you're worried about it you can remove it and weld up all of the seams. Lots and lots of drag racers use the stock SF with huge HP. You need a pretty fat wallet for an aftermarket subframe.

Lots of coil over kits for the stock SF. Ride Tech, SpeedTech, DSE, SC&C to name just a few. The SpeedTech Chicane kit seems pretty neat to me http://www.speedtechperformance.com/...prod/prd12.htm

Pretty sure the stock spindle is fine for the C6 Z06 brakes. I gave you a link in another thread - that's what this guy specializes in. Give him a call (Tobin) The SpeedTech/ATS AFX spindles are nice, but spendy http://www.speedtechperformance.com/...prod/prd11.htm
Is there going to be a big benefit of using those Speedtech coilovers with the weld on bracket, vs the ones that just bolt in?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 14, 07:53 AM
Senior Tech
Al

I'm not really qualified to answer that question, beyond regurgitating what I've read on the internet. It's obviously a much sturdier upper shock mount vs the factory style that many kits use - a single relatively small diameter stud going through a hole in the subframe. I have "heard" that this can cause undue forces on the shock causing failure - just stories though - no real world experience.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 14, 01:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

If you are wanting to use the C6 stuff with an aftermarket frame, I would contact Scott Mock at http://vintageracingandperformance.com/Contact.htm If you want to keep your current subframe components and upgrade to coil overs, Ridetech www.ridetech.com has some very nice pieces. If you want to add the Z06 brakes, you can either use an AFX spindle from Speed Tech http://www.speedtechperformance.com/...prod/prd11.htm or use your stock spindles with brackets from Kore3 www.kore3.com

All of the mentioned vendors are very helpful and this should should get you started in the direction you want to go.

Chris
1968 Camaro SS coupe, Lemans Blue/medium blue interior
LS3/T56 Ridetech Suspension
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 14, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Darko

How will a stock subframe car fully modded with z06 brakes, afx tall spindles, coil overs, aftermarket control arms and sway bar compare to an aftermarket style subframe & similar components?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode