Good front spring rate for BB - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 03, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Does anyine have a good ideas of what a good spring rate, size and so forth would be for a Big block yet still dropping the front 1.5 to 2 inches.

I have a lot of info in regards to small block but not much on big block. Any comments would be great.

Thanks!

Custom tubular control arms and body mounts. <br />check ouy my web site at: speedtech-performance.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 03, 09:53 PM
Senior Tech
Ray

Hotchkis part # 1906F is a 2" drop for a 1st gen with big block. They also have before and after pics of certain vehicles.You didn't indicate what year car is. Anyway hope this helps, Ray

https://www.hotchkis.net/secure_index.html
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 03, 10:24 PM

I think 600 to around 650 would be a good rate to begin with for a street car. If you were going to drag race, it would be different and the same goes for a road racer as well. But I think IMHO, a 600-650 would be a good 'all around' spring.

The height could be done a couple of different ways. I think the best way to do this would be to use the AFCO springs with thier spring adjusters. Because you can get the rates in like 50lb incriments and they are cheap! You could buy a couple of sets of springs and vary the ride height all day long if you wanted to.

I myself like the adjuster. You can change the cars handling by slightly making minor ride height adjustments.......

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 03, 05:04 PM
Senior Tech
Ray

Chicane the variable adjuster sounds great! Where can you get it? Does it come in a kit (springs and adjuster)?What spring rate would you recommend for a small block/aluminum head/with a.c.?

Thanks, Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode