Solid alu-bodymount dimensions ?! - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 01, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Question

I am about to make solid aluminum body mounts
for my -68 Camaro RS. Does anyone have the exact dimensions for them radius,thickness etc ?

I would be happy for some help,so that i don't need to buy these since i have access to a CNC machine.

Thanx / Jonas Sweden

1968 Camaro RS
1996 Camaro Z28
www.hyperwerks.se/camaro/before.html www.hyperwerks.se/camaro/stepone.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 01, 03:11 PM

Smile

I would give you their dimensions but mine are now on my car.

The main thing is that all three locations sizes (diameters and thicknesses-top and bottom halves) down one side are different!

They are made like from a hockey puck. First is the 1/2" or 9/16" hole through both halves, (whatever the caged nut in the body takes) next, one half is made with a raised cylinder that is about half the thickness of the whole thickness that is sized so that it fits into the subframe hole. The other piece is made in reverse so that the two nest together and thus trap the subframe mount between them as well as fill the subframe hole!

The rubber and poly ones have metal sleeves around the middle bolt hole but full aluminums prob. don't use the sleeves. Also there are BIG washers that are about as big as the outer diameter of each, top and bottom! They are big thick suckers! Plus smaller washers and lock-nuts and stuff.

Good luck making a set. Please get back to us and tell us how it goes. pdq67

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 01, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

ok.... is there anyone else that do have the exact dimensions for these alu subframe mounts ?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 01, 07:34 AM

Smile

Jonas,
This might not be what you want to do, but why don't you buy a "COMPLETE" set,(including bushings and all hardware), carefully open the package, measure everything and then offer the new opened set for sale and sell them to a buddy or somebody else that wants a full poly set. That way you will know the dimensions for sure.

Just tell the guy up front thats buying them what you did so that he won't think he's getting had!!

I don't have a prob. doing this as long as everybody knows the PLAN!!

You get what you want and somebody will get what they want and maybe you might give them a little off to sweeten the deal. pdq67

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 01, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thats a good idea pdq67..i'll try that

Thx. Jonas
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 01, 02:51 PM
Tech Team

If it's not too late, I have a set of the poly's I *was* going to use. I've since decided to go with the solid bushing too. I could try to measure them but it'd probably this weekend.

Doug Gulley
(new to this forum)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 01, 03:42 PM

Why not just buy the aluminum mounts from Jegs or Summit, etc. They are not that much and will fit perfectly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode