Eibach Springs = 24 7/8" floor to fender lip - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 03, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Just got done rebuilding my whole front end with all new Energy Suspension Body/Control Arm bushings, powdercoated suspension parts, powdercoated inner fender wells, hellwig 1 1/8" swaybar, Eibach Springs, AC Delete Box, rewiring with Fuse Box for main power, etc.
Anyways, for those looking to lower your car, with a SB 383 cu in engine, no AC items, steel cowl hood, 4 core radiator, and new Eibach Springs the car currently sits floor to fender lip at 25 inches. Its been sitting this way for 2 weeks (without fenders, just got the old fenders back on for now) so its had a little break in time. I'll post in a few months if I see that its dropped any further.
This is with 15x7.5" rims running 225/60R15 tires.
Further pictures on my site.

Eibach Springs Front:
24 7/8 floor to fender lip (225/60R15 BF Tires)
13" middle of disc spindle to fender lip

Hotchkis 2" Drop Springs Rear:
24 7/8" floor to fender lip (Mickey Thompson Tires)
13 1/4" middle of drum to fender lip

[ 01-14-2004, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Brian Lewis ]

1969 Camaro - GM 2003 Electron Blue
Beck Racing 383 cu in 465HP Engine - Sean Murphy Inductions Stage 2 Quadrajet
TCI Streetfighter 350 - 3.73:1 Posi 10 Bolt Rear - 12.6 sec qtr mile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 03, 05:58 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

Hi Brian good job on the suspension and tire choice. It looks great. I have a 69 that I am planning on redoing this winter. Can you tell me what size tire and wheel you have on the back? Also whats the rear height to the fender lip?
thanks.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 03, 06:07 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Brian - Looking good!! Can you measure from the center of the spindle (center cap is fine) to the fender lip? that would give folks a better idea what the change from stock is with your configuration.

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 03, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Sure guys, I currently have Mickey Thompson Street ETs which measure 26" diameter, 10.5" tread width, but am going to change them to 275/60R15 or 255/60R15 Dunlop GT Qualifier T's in the near future. 7.5" rim, 4.5" backspacing, fender lip bent in slightly. I will get the rear height soon, its running Hotchkis 2" Drop springs.
As for the spindle measurement, I'll get that when I have a chance and update this post.

and
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 03, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Ok here are the final measurements

Eibach Springs Front:
24 7/8 floor to fender lip (225/60R15 BF Tires)
13" middle of disc spindle to fender lip

Hotchkis 1 1/2" Drop Leafs Part Number 2407C
Rear:
24 7/8" floor to fender lip (Mickey Thompson Tires)
13 1/4" middle of drum to fender lip

and
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 03, 04:18 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Thanks for the follow up Brian. Do you remember what it was before you re-did the front end? I'm only asking as 13 1/4" is about stock for a '69 and I get the impression you lowered your front with the changes you made.

This is really cool info to know as my 2" drop Hotchkis springs has left my car sitting at 11 1/2" spindle to fender lip and the car started out at 13 5/16". These comparisons give others a good idea what the different product available will do for them.

You might expect about another 1/4" drop or so as the weeks go by since your front end is so fresh. I think you have a great rake with the rear 1/4" - 1/2" higher than the front. Keep up the hard work it's paying off already!!

Wow! Just for grins I went out and measured my rear distance (same rear springs you have) and got 12". I left the pad out between the spring and perch which actually should lift mine higher by about 1/4" - 3/8". Any ideas where the extra inch may be?

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 03, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

You bring up alot of good points, unfortunately since I am the third owner of this car, I don't have all the information. The rear springs were changed out about a year ago by the previous owner with the Hotchkis springs. The front end I just rebuilt definitely looks lowered over stock, but I can't tell you what it was stock since I replace the springs that looked like they were the ORIGINAL springs so they were sagging and thus any measurement would have been invalid. I can say the original springs did seem to be about 1/2" higher even after sagging for 34 years.
Check this out, although the pictures are at slightly different vertical angles, you can imagine the 1/2" difference in height between the sagging springs and the Eibach springs. But as you said I probably will see another 1/4" drop as time goes on. The main thing I was going for was the stiffer rate springs and I knew Eibach wouldn't let me down.

STOCK SPRINGS up front:

Eibach Springs up front:

Sorry thats the best I have. If you want me to look for anything particular on the rear springs email me.

and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode