Aftermarket Subframes - Team Camaro Tech
Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 01, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
cls

Question

O.K. fellow enthusiasts now Chassisworks and Fatman have subframes out. We MUST have a shootout or product comparison review. Does anyone have any pull with CHP or Super Chevy or Hot Rod or? I will gladly volunteer my car for this project (for a subsantial discount on the product of course). Seriously though, how could we influence a major mag to do a project like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 01, 07:00 AM
Senior Tech

I agree that it would be great to see and of great value to the readers, however;

You will never see it happen!

As an example, a comparison of the Chassisworks and Heidts front "clips" for the early Nova's has never been done and I surely wouldn't hold my breath.

All the write-ups about the Chassisworks Nova clip comment about how the Heidt's set-up is based on an antiquated design (based on the Mustang 2). However they never say what is different in their geometry!!

All the magazines can't afford to say anything negative about the manufacturers!!!

When was the last time that a publication said anything negative about a manufacturer!!

------------------
Wes. Vann
Technical Reference Section
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 01, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
cls

Maybe you're right, but you know some publications do this,not counting the consumer mags--for instance just a few months ago I read an issue of Car& Driver in which they had a professional driver take various sports cars around a track and comment on their performance as well as listing performance data. Maybe "our" mags aren't that gutsy--but they should be--every product would have it's strong and weak points and would be purchased based on the chacteristics the buyer wanted. I would not expect to see a "best buy" rating, it should be more like the comparisons they do on small block heads. Maybe the cost of the project is a barrier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode